Chapter 9- The Betrayal

"Ally, hey wake up." The voice said.

"Hmm." I groaned and turned away from whoever it was. Mornings weren't my thing.

Wait, where am I? I shot up and took in my surroundings. Mr. Morrison was standing right in front of me. Memories of last night came back to me and I smiled crookedly. He smiled back as well running his hands through my messy hair.

"I wouldn't mind waking up to this every morning."
He laughed and shook his head at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Babe, it's not morning. You've only been sleeping an hour. You passed out halfway through the movie." My eye brows knit together in confusion but I couldn't help but smile. He called me babe.

"Oh, well alright. I should probably head home, before my mom gets there." I look at my phone and it's only ten o'clock. Wow, it feels much later than that.

"Oh, well I already texted your mom and told her you'd be staying here because you were already asleep.." He says looking uneasy.

"What? She's going to flip out!"

He shakes his head smiling pulling me into his lap and sets his chin on my shoulder. "I have a feeling she will be okay." He says staring off into space smiling once again.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I ask poking his dimpled cheek.

"Well lets just say your mother and I had a very open conversation at the hospital. She knows how I feel about you Ally."

If she knows then why didn't she tell me? We use  tell each other everything. But of course things change.

"How did she react?"

"Well she pointed it out before I could even tell her. She said she knew by the way I looked at you. She isn't mad nor shocked. I think she might even be relieved."

"Relieved, why?" My curious mind getting the best of me. I think it's a reasonable question, I don't understand why I'm just figuring this out though.

"Because she knows me well enough to know that I'll take care of you and I'll never let anything or anyone hurt you ever. Well at least never again." He pushes out, a pained look takes over. His words melt my heart as he continues.

"You know, ever since the day you told me about what happened to you, I've felt so guilty. I've wished that I would've been there to stop him the very first time he ever tried to touch you. I wanted to be there so bad Ally. I could've saved you all of this pain and suffering." I grab his face between my hands and look him in the eyes.

"But you weren't there and there is nothing you can do about it. But that's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for things you can't possibly change. I didn't know you when I was that young, but that's okay, because if that wouldn't have happened, then maybe I wouldn't be here right now, sitting in your lap. Derrick, I know I don't show it right now because of the state I'm in, but you saved my life. That is worth more than changing the past. So stop feeling guilty for what you could've done, and think about what you have done." He takes my hand in his and kisses the top of it.

He lets out a ragged breath shaking his head. "You're so amazing. I've known you for over half a year and you've changed my life so much already. I just wish you were mine." I huff and lean closer into him. "I  can't just leave him, you know that."

"But why not? You clearly have the same feelings. Ally I'll make you the happiest girl alive. Hell, I'll keep you alive. Just give me a chance."

"I-I don't know. I can't just leave Keagen and then go to you. I like him a lot." I say looking down, ashamed.

"Then what about me huh? What's the plan? Are you just going to come running to me every time he's not there?" I knew this happiness I felt was going to have to end sooner or later.