"No."

He was again quiet, and I knew I had offended him. I just didn't care. "Why?"

"You've got enough people staying at Hotel Grimmie." I found myself getting quieter, leaning into the couch to lie on my back with my chin to my chest.

Aaron sighed. "Just come stay, Conrad. Until you can go back. What happened anyway?"

I groaned in pain. "It's a long story..."

"Well come over, we need to talk."

"Fine."

I drove to Aaron's and it was a full house. My dad was the center of attention too, and he was hating it.

"Oh god I was called over here again because of him." I spat.

"Conrad, shut up." Aaron said in all seriousness. "Dad," He nodded from my dad to me. "Tell him what you told me."

"Matt," My father cleared his throat, and that familiar name was paralyzed me. "He's- he- he-" My father shook as he spoke and his leg bounced, he was so jittery with widened eyes. "He's still alive!" He said.

I stared at him, then back at a serious looking Aaron and Andrea and Jole, and I burst into venomous laughter. "That's what I'm here for? This bullshit?" I was again absolutely livid at this time.

"Conrad, he's serious."

"He was probably shooting up! Look at him, he's high for godssake!"

"No, we took it away."

I stepped forward aggressively and Aaron just looked confused. "You can't take away the one thing a drug addict only cares about." I snapped and saw my fathers head drop, staring at his lap.

"Conrad," Jole began. "You listen and listen good. You're father is going cold turkey. He stopped right away because we said we wouldn't let him out of our sight. He's this way because he doesn't have any of it."

I didn't say anything because I didn't care at that point. Jole could tell too and looked angry at me.

"And he's serious about Matt-" Aaron added in.

"I don't fucking care! He's fucked up, can't you see that? He's probably hallucinating-"

"Will you just listen to what he has to say, goddammit!"

I did. I looked at my dad and waited for him to speak. When he did he began nervously, "I talked to her."

"Who."

"Th-that womam!"

"He means the woman who gave birth to us." Aaron sighed.

"And she told me."

"Cool." Was all I said, and turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" Jole said in a hard demanding way. I almost turn around for him but I kept going.

"I don't have time for this bullshit." I muttered cynically and tried to walk faster to my truck.

"Conrad!" Jole's booming and stern voice almost caused me to freeze, but I kept going because I wanted to be alone. "You rude man, get back here and listen to what your father has to say!" He shouted, but I was already driving off, trying to erase the look of his disappointed old man's pout as I did.

When I arrived at the apartment later I got an angry text from Aaron.

You could at least act supportive or understanding. You were his only hope in having him believe hes not crazy.