Wally West || Mirrors and Masks

Start from the beginning

"I thought we were gonna watch Frozen 2 tomorrow?"

"Oh—" he pauses, muttering something under his breath. "I'll just watch it again."

You wanted to be mad, but you didn't have the words. "Its alright. I didn't really want to watch the movie anyway."

You fail to make eye contact as you say that.

"Hey I really don't mind watching it again if it's with you. You know you're my number one."

But wouldn't it be better to be the only one?

You lay your back onto the grass, staring at the sky. Your throat began to swell, but you furrow your eyebrows when you realize that something doesn't add up.

"Jessica Stevens, right?"

"Uh, yeah. Maybe. I didn't quite catch her last name."

"We've only got one Jessica that isn't a freshmen. We're seniors, Wally. So, unless you're telling me you've got a weird thing for freshmen going on now—"

"Okay, okay. Jessica Stevens. She's blonde, blue eyes, glasses. What's your point?"

"She and I share the same last period of the day, and she sat right in front of me."

You caught him red-handed, and you realize that he's done it again. He leaves in situations for extended amounts of times and never tells you where he is. He's hiding something from you. Granted, you're glad it's not actually something about Jessica, but you're growing tired of his excuses and inability to trust you. 

You sit back up and sigh. "Why is there always something that you're never telling me?"

He stays silent, contemplating on if he should tell you.

"Hey, just don't tell me."

"Thanks for being understanding, y/n."

"It's not understanding." You say after a few seconds of silence. "If you have to think about how much you can trust me and not already know how much you can trust me, then, I don't want to know."

"No, it's not like that-"

"Then what is it like?"

"Aw, such a cute moment." Another voice rudely intruded. "If I put this moment in a cup of tea, I wouldn't need any sugar."

"Were you even listening to what was happening?" You turn to the person, irritated. They had weird clothes so that either meant one of three things: Hero, Villain, or Cosplayer. Judging by Wally's venomous response, you chose Villain.

"Mirror Master." Wally spits, quite angrily.

"Mirror who?" You cock your head in confusion.

The Mirror guy's once confident stance drooped. "Seriously?" He asks, giving you his full attention and looking at you as though you've been living under a rock. "Mirror Master? The Flash's greatest enemy? No?" He aims his gun at you.

Naturally you would turn away from a gun pointing right at you and maybe cried a little, but your impulsive behavior cooly guided you through that.