You Break Up

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Jesus Christ, Jane

VOCABULARY:

Y/D/C/: Your dream college

Y/D/C/L: Your dream college location

 ♚  ♚ ♚

ARO VOLTURI:

You understood Aro was overprotective, partly because of what happened to his sister and partly because he didn't want to see you hurt. He would do anything to keep you safe; you knew that. But he crossed a line when you were forbidden from visiting your friends, the Cullen. Just because you were a Volturi didn't mean you couldn't be a Cullen, as well.

You stuffed your things into a suitcase, a smile growing on your face as you imagined seeing the Cullens again. Carlisle was tutoring you in science and medicine—things you were not so good at—and you wanted to stay with him for a week. He was planning to give you hands-on training and a couple books before sending you back to the Volturi. Maybe you could bridge the divide between the two clans. Unlikely, but a fool could dream.

"Where are you going?" Aro's voice shook you out of your thoughts.

"To the Cullens." You eyed him, knowing the conversation ahead of you would anger him. But he had to accept your departure, as a good mate and boyfriend would do.

"Why?" His insistent questioning made you grit your teeth as you fought the urge to roll your eyes, knowing that would annoy him.

"Because." Your short tone betrayed your frustration and it made Aro finally pay attention.

"Y/N. Answer me."

"Carlisle is teaching me about medicine. I'm studying to become a doctor! Happy, Aro?" You quit packing and instead turned around to face him, letting out your anger. "Can I go now, or do I need your permission, Master?"

"I forbid you to go! Who knows what those Cullens are planning to do?" He ran his hands through his hair as his voice rose. "Kidnap and murder you, most likely!"

"Watch your tone—"

"Watch my tone?" Aro's voice was almost a bellow. "You should watch yours. I'm doing this for your own good—"

"I am not a maiden in need of defending; I am grown!" You slammed your fists against a table as you glared, anger burning inside of you, like a flame, fueling you to do . . . something! "And you will let me do this, so help me God!"

Aro sneered at you, too stubborn to back down. "Or what, Y/N? Hmm? I doubt you can leave me, after all I've provided you with: a house—no, not even a house, a castle—money, power, and respect. Where else can you get that?"

You sighed, weariness filling your bones. You were done with this conversation. "Aro, if you think you can somehow bribe me to stay with you, then you are mistaken. I'm done. We're done." You resumed packing; this time, not for a week's stay but for months, taking all your things.