VIII. They Ask You Out

ARO VOLTURI:

ARO VOLTURI:

"Y/N! There's someone here for you!" your father shouted up the stairs.

"Coming, Father!" you shouted back. You ran your fingers through your hair and walked down the stairs where your father was waiting. 

"Y/N, Aro is here," your father whispered. 

Your eyes widened. There was only one reason he was here. Aro wanted to court you. 

You nodded. "I'll go see him right away, Father."

When you stepped into the room, you saw Aro holding a red rose, dressed in a suit, looking a bit nervous.

"Hello, Y/N," Aro said, smiling at you. "I have a beautiful gift for a beautiful lady/man/partner." He held out the rose to you.

Blushing and taking the rose, you said, "Hello, Aro. Thank you for giving me the rose. If I may ask, why are you here?"

"Well, I would like to court you, Y/N." 

Courtship? You do like Aro, it was advantageous, and your parents would approve. It was good for both sides.

"I accept your offer of courtship, Aro." You smiled.

Aro beamed. "Excellent, my dear! Shall I pick you up on Saturday around 3?"

Nodding shyly, you watched as he walked out of the room to talk with your father.

MARCUS VOLTURI:

"Now, Daughter/Son/Child, I thought you were playing a piece for us on the piano," your father said. 

Your eyes widened. You nearly had forgotten about it! You couldn't let your father know that!

"Of course, Father," you said smoothly. "I'll play it right now."

Giving the men a final curtsy/bow, you turned and went to the front of the ballroom, where a piano was waiting.  

"Excuse me!" you called to the crowd. The crowd hushed and turned its attention to you.

"I will be playing The Second Waltz by Shostakovich. Feel free to partner up and dance," you said, smiling.

You heard many murmurs of approval. Sitting down on the piano bench, you began to play.

As you played, you saw out of the corner of your eye, people paring up. Your father and mother; Aro and Caius with pretty ladies on their arms; your sister and her suitor, and other pairs. However, you didn't see Marcus pairing up with everyone. You were slightly relieved that he didn't have a wife or girlfriend.

Your fingers flew on the keys as you concentrated, hitting the correct notes. When you finished, everybody clapped and cheered. Giving the crowd a curtsy/bow, you motioned for the orchestra to continue playing.