XVII. They're Jealous

ARO VOLTURI:

ARO VOLTURI:

No one messed with the master's mates, if they cared about their lives. But Aro still got jealous because he knew what a catch you were. 

Since Aro was so busy, you hung out with Alec a lot. Alec and you were best friends and nothing more. He listened to you rant about Aro being gone so long and how you missed him, which earned Alec some points in your opinion. You also talked about the dangers of the newborns—well, Alec explained. You listened. 

When you got back from hanging out with Alec, you saw Aro laying on the bed, a pout on his face. When he saw you, he jumped up. "Finally, you're back."

"What's wrong, Aro?" you asked, tilting your head and frowning. 

He looked away and sighed. "You've been hanging around with Alec for a long time. What happened to me?"

You touched his cold cheek as you smiled. "Are you jealous?"

"Of course not." He sniffed. "Jealousy doesn't fit the great Volturi leaders."

You raised your eyebrow, but you were touched he cared so much about you. You knew he hated the thought of someone stealing you from him or someone flirting with you. 

"Well, maybe I'm a bit . . . annoyed," Aro admitted.

"Aro, you're my only love. You know this." You kissed him, holding his hand as you gazed into his eyes before hugging him, willing him to comprehend your words. "Don't worry about Alec. He can't compare to you."

Aro smiled and held you throughout the night, satisfied that you weren't going to leave him. (Also his ego got stroked.)

"And, Aro? Jealously does suit you."

MARCUS VOLTURI:

Marcus doesn't get jealous. But he did get jealous when you hung out with Demetri for the whole week. He wanted time with you, but instead, your companionship was taken by Demetri.

"My dear, where were you?" Marcus asked, making sure to keep his tone neutral.

"Oh, I was out with Demetri."

"Again?"

"You're jealous aren't you, Marcus?" you asked, realization dawning on you.

"Jealous? Of course not, my dear," Marcus responded, tossing a book on the table. He tilted his head to the side. "Well, perhaps a little bit."

Taking a seat next to him, you said gently, "Hey, no need to be jealous. You know you're the only one for me, right?"

Marcus looked glum. "But Demetri is so much younger, livelier. And more handsome."

You laughed softly. "Maybe I should be jealous of him." You quickly became serious. "Marcus," you said. "Look at me."

You gently grabbed his chin and tugged it towards you.

"Even though Demetri is younger, age is just a number. And he's not handsome, you are. Especially when you smile. It makes you look and happier."

Marcus stared at you. "Thank you, my dear. Thank you."

CAIUS VOLTURI:

Caius gets jealous extremely quickly. It didn't even matter if they were below him. His jealous nature could be amusing at first but traveled to annoying. It was annoying when you were with Demetri. 

When you were talking to Demetri, you felt an arm wrap around your waist. You looked up to see Caius, glaring at Demetri. He must have noticed this because he bowed. You smiled at Demetri and left, needing to pacify Caius.

"Caius," you said. "No need to be jealous."

"What if they steal you from me?" Caius clutched you to his chest.

"They won't," you promised, kissing him. "I'll always be yours."

JANE VOLTURI:

No one, I repeat, no one makes Jane angry. So no one flirts with you. They know what might happen. She might torture them or report them to Aro. No one knows which one is worse.

ALEC VOLTURI:

Alec doesn't get jealous because he's pretty scary. No one gives him a chance to be jealous. 

But when a stupid guard tried to flirt with you, Alec was furious.

"Hey, darlin'. You wanna . . . have fun?" He leered at you and you shuddered.

Alec appeared out of nowhere and slammed his fist into the guard's jaw. You had to pull him back.

"Get away, or I'll get Jane to torture you," Alec hissed at the guard, straining against your hold. "Then I'll kill you. Understand?"

The guard nodded before scampering away.

"Alec!" you scolded.

"What?" He grinned. "You're my mate, not his."

DEMETRI VOLTURI:

Demetri got jealous easily. How could he not? He's hot-headed and everyone loves you. He's afraid you'll leave him for someone else. 

Demetri was especially jealous when he saw you talking with Felix, Alec, and Jane. He watched with his jaw clenched, as Alec wrapped an arm around your shoulders. He then whispered a joke in your ear and you both doubled over laughing. Alec smirked, pleased to make you laugh. 

That was the last straw for Demetri. He walked over and pushed Alec's arm off your shoulder, making sure to bare his teeth.

You asked him, "Demetri? Are you jealous?"

He looked away but you knew enough. You touched his cheek and kissed him, making sure everyone saw.

"Don't be jealous," you told him. "You're the only one for me."

FELIX VOLTURI:

Felix doesn't get jealous a lot, preferring to tell you he trusts you, then dropping it. People know not to push his buttons because Felix looks intimidating. They also knew that Felix could crush them if he wanted to. Sometimes, all he needed to do was stand in the background, flex his muscles a bit, and glare. 

But when Felix saw how close you were with Demetri and how he hung on to your every word, he got jealous. He had to take multiple deep breaths.

You saw this and wanting to reassure him, ran over to him. Felix was clenching his jaw, an annoyed expression on his face instead of a calm one. He hardly acknowledged your presence, instead preferring to glare at Demetri. 

"Jealous, much?" 

His eyes widened. "How did you know?"

"It's written all over your face, Felix."

Felix kissed you, making sure Demetri could see. "You know me too well."

You chuckled into his shoulder. "You don't have to be jealous, you know." You gazed up at him, on your tippy toes. "He's a friend. You're my boyfriend."

"I know," he muttered before hugging you.

♚♚♚

QUESTION: Would you mind if the Volturi were jealous?

AUTHOR'S ANSWER: I wouldn't mind. It would make sense; you wouldn't want your partner to be flirted with, did you? However, if they were possessive or tried to stop me from seeing people I want, then I would be pissed.

Let me hear your thoughts!

Edited: 10/12/17