[20] Calm Before The Storm

I finally pulled away from Sans for air and looked into his eyes. This time they were heart shape.

"Hehe."

I buried my head into Sans scarf/neck to hide my embarrassment.

"WHAT'S FUNNY? OH NO! DID I DO IT WRONG?! but it felt so right..." Sans mumbled that last part.

"No no. It was... wonderful. I'm just so happy." I smiled widely with red across my face, not that Sans could see.

"OH!! ME TOO!"

Sans places his arms around me and I snuggled closer to him.

Hehe, he smells like soap and quiche. 

After the redness in my face faded I move away from Sans neck and look him in the eyes. His arms fell on my waist but remained around me.

"Hey Sans?"

"YES, HUMAN?"

"Why do you keep calling me human? I know you have said my name before, but only in certain situations."

Sans face went bright blue.

"OH... UM... I DON'T KNOW."

A smirk crosses my face as I see Sans flustered, "Say my name."

I lean in closer to Sans, so my forehead was touching his. I was feeling a little dare devilish now that I was aware of my own emotions.

"H-HUMAN?! W-WHAT-"

I move my hands to his face cutting him off. Sans was on the ground back to the wall with me on my knees, so I was a little taller than him. I still rested between his legs.

"My name, Sans."

I felt Sans pulling me closer, maybe it was unconsciously, nonetheless, he looked at me with embarrassment and took a big breath of air.

"(Y/N)."

I smiled lovingly, it was crazy how something so simple made me happy.

I kissed him on the forehand and giggle looking at his flushed face.

I moved my hands to his shoulders and he moved his hand to my face in return.

"(Y/N)."

"Yeah, just like that."

"(Y/N)."

I melted as he kept said my name like it was the only thing he knew. Sans brought me closer to him as we shut our eyes kissing again.

"Sans? (Y/N)?"

We both jumped back at the sudden but lazy call of our names coming in close by.

Paps came around the corner with his usual laid-back smile, saw us, and casually walked our way.

"...so what's going here on?"

I quickly jumped up from Sans and stepped back. Sans gets up just as fast and has stars in his eyes...

Oh no.

"PAPS THE HUMAN AND I KISS!"

Paps smile his usual smile, "Oh, yeah bro? That's great."

"IT WAS! HER LIPS ARE SUPER SOFT."

Paps expression changed in a flash. I wouldn't call it mad... in a mix between shocked and something else. Then his normal smile return, it looked a bit forced, just a bit.

"Is that right bro? Do you know what that means?"

"HUH?"

Paps whisper something in Sans' 'ear' and Sans' eyes grew. He then turned to me and clasped my hands together.

"DON'T WORRY HUMAN!! I, THE MAGNIFICENT SANS, WILL TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY!!"

With that Sans dashed off towards Hotland leaving me totally confused and Paps about to fall over laughing.

"Oh no. What did you tell him?!"

Paps gasped for air then his prankster smirk found its way across his face. 

"Oh nothing... just the basic human anatomy, that humans become pregnant when they're kissed on the lips, right?"

"No!! Oh my Asgore!! You did not!! I got to catch up with him!!"

I went to make a full dash when a boney hand came down on my shoulder. I looked back seeing Paps with a troubled expression on his face looking at the ground.

"Hey, kid...?"

"Yeah, Paps?"

"...You wouldn't hurt him, would you?"

I grabbed Paps hand from my shoulder and clasped it so he looks at me. I gave him the most serious look I could.

"I would never hurt Sans... I promise."

Paps pulled me into a hug, "You're just too good to be true kiddo, I don't think me or Sans have ever been this happy."

I smiled holding Paps back, "I never been this happy either... and that why..."

I pulled away from Paps to look him in the 'eyes' "I decided to stay. I know that we never found a way to return, but if I could go back I won't."

"What are you talking about kiddo? What about your family? Your friends?"

"My brother always told me that you don't wake up one day and have happiness, you need to find it. And I did with you, Sans, and everyone else I have met in the underground! Why would I give that up? Besides if I left I might end up breaking that promise I just made. If anything my brother would be proud."

"... heh wow kid..." Paps rubs his hand on the back of his head/skull and looked away taking in all this information and processing it.

"Oh! One more thing."

"I'm not sure I can handle anymore, you're really working me down to the bone."

"Hehe, the last thing, swear! And you're going to be super happy!"

"Heh, sure okay kid lay it on me."

"...Chara is now a part of me. There is absolutely no way for Frisk to take control. Meaning... no more genocide, no more resets, just continuing."

Paps didn't look like he heard me at first then he tried to force his usual smile, but fail. He tried again and still failed. He quickly pulled me into a hug, hiding his face in my hair... He was crying.

"...t-thank you."

I wanted to tell him that he was the one who gave me my chance at happiness. I wanted to tell him I didn't do anything, it was just how everything fell into place. I want to tell him that it was finally okay, and he could move on... but I didn't, I gently pat him on the back as he quietly let out everything he has been holding back since the first timeline.

"PAPYRUS!!"

Paps and I jumped back at Sans' booming voice through Waterfall. I look to my right and see a very 'mad' Sans coming our way.

"BROTHER!! UNDYNE TOLD ME THAT'S NOT HOW HUMAN ANATOMY WORKS!!"

When I glanced back at Paps he was as laid back as ever like none of what just happened, happened.

"Oh really? My bad. How does it work then?"

" I DON'T KNOW!! SHE STARTED TO GET REALLY RED THEN TOLD ME I SHOULD ASK THE HUMAN MYSELF."

Both of the skeleton bros turned towards me.

"Nope, no, nah. You aren't getting anything out of me."

Paps chuckled as Sans wined.

"BUT HUMAN~~"

I walked passed them both on my way back to Snowdin, Sans bugged me for a bit but finally dropped it when he said he wants to hold my hand, but I told him he had to stop first. Paps laugh at us the whole way, mumbling stuff like we sounded like a married couple. Sans didn't hear of course and kept asking me why I was red. It was silly, but I loved every minute of it.

Everything was perfect.
Was perfect.