He wordlessly led them to a dungeon, where a cart was sitting ready. They went and sat in the cart, and Percy waited for something to happen. Suddenly, he was jerked forward and riding a cart at the speed of a train.

This is just like a roller coaster, he thought. Except for the safety precautions.

A minute later, the cart stopped and Percy's mother stepped out. She took her key and inserted it in a small hole on a wall.

It's not a wall, he realized. It's a door. The door was camouflaged to look like a wall. Suddenly it creaked open. What Percy saw inside was so shocking that he almost buckled to his knees.

There were mounds and mounds of gold coins, and even bigger mounds of brass and silver coins.

If he melted the metal and sold it, he would definitely have enough money to build that temple Annabeth had wanted to design on the hill of Camp Half Blood. The one where Chiron had laughed and said that it would take selling strawberries to every person in all five boroughs of New York constantly for a week to just have enough for the sundial, the marble gold arches, and the bronze gates she wanted.

His mother took out a bag and scooped some money inside. Soon the bag was bulging, but the vault didn't even look a little less fuller than it was before. He wondered how his family had been so poor during his childhood.

After they were out of Gringotts, they spent the day shopping for his books. He had to buy books for all seven of years. He wondered how he was going to finish all of this just one year. His mother may not have doubted his brains, but he himself surely did.

There was a special order for him at Flourish and Blotts. The shopkeeper peered at him as he handed over the books.

After they were done there, he got new robes at Madam Malkin's.

Slowly they finished off whatever tasks were left. By evening, only one thing was left: his wand.

As they reached the door of Ollivander's, his mother told him to go inside alone.

"Go without me. Getting a new wand should be a solitary experience."

And so he went in. The bell on the door rang as he stepped in, and a man appeared. His face was confused when he saw Percy.

"Who are you? You've never bought a wand from my shop before, I remember every wand I've sold. And you're too old to be buying a wand for the first time."

"Actually," Percy spoke up. "It is my first time in this shop. I'm a special case, you see. My mother is sending me here for a year."

Ollivander scrutinized Percy's face.

"Look," Percy hesistated. "My mother's standing right outside. You can see her from here."

Ollivander looked out to see Sally reading a newspaper with moving pictures on it. His face changed to one similar to the expression that the goblin had had earlier that day.

Without a word, he went and got a box from inside. He removed a wand and gave it to Percy.

"Hold it." he ordered.

Percy did. He felt nothing. Ollivander gave him at least ten more wands which gave the same emptiness on holding it. One broke the table. One smashed an entire shelf. One almost blew out all the lights. Ollivander seemed to get happier as they progressed.

"I love difficult customers! We'll find one, don't worry."

Finally, he removed a wand from an old dusty corner.

"This may be it." he muttered. "This wand is even more special than Harry Potter's."

He have Percy the wand. Percy held it, and suddenly, the room felt more clear, as if someone had switched on auto brightness in the room.

Percy looked down to see himself glowing. This is sort of like getting claimed.

Ollivander looked at him intently before he said, "Ten inches, made of pure teak, and the core..." he trailed off.

"What about the core?"

"A hair from the tail of a centaur." he whispered. "There has only been one wand in existence of this sort of core, and now you are it's owner."

He looked at Percy with a fearful expression. Then he cleared his throat. "Ten Galleons, please."

Percy paid up and left the shop. His mother was waiting for him there.

"How was it?" she asked, much more cheerful than she had been before.

He narrated the experience while they walked back to The Leaky Cauldron for dinner.

***

They had roast chicken and Yorkshire pudding for dinner. Sally had it ordered for room service though.

"We don't want to go out many times. Many people have already recognized me, but the correct time for us to reveal ourselves would be your first day of school."

"Yeah. When is the first day, anyways?"

"First of September."

"Hold on. That's..." Percy's eyes widened. "That's the day after tomorrow!"

His mother shrugged. "Surprise. it was also mentioned in the letter. Go pack your stuff in the trunk. Tomorrow, we'll finish the rest of whatever you need, and then tomorrow night, I'll tell you about your family."

Percy raised his eyebrows at the word 'family', but didn't say anything and went to pack.

________

Guess who the award for the biggest procrastinator goes to (hint: it's me.)

So so so so so so so so sorry guys. I know I've been neglecting this story, but lately I've been super busy with school. Not that it's an excuse for updating after about a year. *sighs*

My last few months were spent studying, sleeping, dancing, studying, eating, and more studying. I swear to God I hate studies at the moment.

My finals are going on right now, and I have a freaking bio paper tomorrow but my guilt was so high that I had to upload. I'm pretty sure half my readers have vanished after I stopped, so really sorry guys, once again!

Also, I'm planning on making my chapters longer from now on. They'll be at least 1000-1500 words right now. That's not much, but it's an improvement from before.

I'm taking this story off hold, and after exams(which get over on the 21st), I'll follow my promise and update five chapters in a row, under two weeks. So I hope you guys look forward to it.

Chapter dedicated to Percabeth5599 for pushing me write again and again.

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

-Anna