Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Carter's pov* *3 months later*

I'm 8 months. 8 months pregnant. I'm freakin 8 months- yeah you get the point. Austin wasn't home right now and Alex stayed home with me. "Hey Carter? Are you hungry?" Alex asked. "No but thanks." i said. I was about to walked upstairs and walked into Austin and I's room and laid on the bed. When I sat down the baby started kicking. A LOT. Oh no. "ALEX!" I screamed attempting to walked down the stairs. He came running over to me. "What? What's wrong?" He asked. "I think it's time. Call Austin." I said. He helped me down the stairs and we went into the car. I dialed Austin's number and he answered after 3 rings. "Hey babe. I'm at the store. Need anything?" he asked. "Yes, I need you on your way to the hospital. I think I'm going into labor." I said calmly. "WHAT?! Be there soon." he said then hung up. "He's on his way." I said. We got the hospital and they out me in a wheelchair and brought me to a room. Austin came running in. "Are you okay?" Austin said. "I'm fine." I said.

*30 minutes later*

I was holding Alaina Katherine Mahone in my arms. "She's perfect." I said. "Yeah, she is." Austin said and kissed me on the cheek. I get to bring her home in a few days and I can't wait. "I'm really tired. Will you take her?" I asked Austin. "Sure." he said. I shut my eyes but didn't fall asleep right away. I heard Alex and Austin talking. "You did good, man." Alex said. "Thanks." Austin said then I fell asleep.

Austin's pov*

This is officially the best day of my life. Alaina is beautiful. I kissed her forehead and started rocking her back and forth. "Can I hold her?" Alex asked. "Yeah." I said then handed Alaina to him. "Hey Alaina. It's Uncle Alex. Make sure you be good to your mommy, alright?" Alex said. Alaina opened her eyes and smiled. "Austin look." Alex said. "Aww." I said. "This is amazing." I said. "It's all so surreal." I said.

*a few days later*

"Carter? Are you ready to go?" Austin asked. "Yeah." I said. I grabbed my bag and the car seat and we walked to the car out of the hospital. Austin drove and I sat in the back with Alaina. We got home and I got Alaina out of her car seat and walked into the nursery and put her in her crib. I unpacked my stuff and walked back into the nursery. I found Austin walking around with Alaina in his arms. He was talking to her. "Hey Alaina, try to go easy on mommy tonight, she's been through a lot." He said then he noticed me. "Hey." I said. "Hey." I walked over to him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." I whispered then walked out of the room. I really want to sleep but I don't want Austin to have to look after the baby. Austin walked downstairs with Alaina and sat down on the couch next to me. "You look really tired. Go to sleep." Austin said. "But i don't want you to have to look after the baby." I said. "You need to rest." He said. I laid down on the couch and soon fell asleep.

Austin's pov*

Carter fell asleep and I was sitting next to her holding Alaina. Alaina fell asleep so I walked upstairs and out her in her crib. I heard the door open and close. I walked downstairs and saw Alex walk in. "Hey." I whispered so I didn't wake Carter. "Wanna go downstairs so we don't wake Carter up?" I asked. "Sure." He whispered then we walked downstairs and put in a movie. We didn't really watch the movie, we kinda just talked. "Wanna order a pizza?" Alex asked. "Sure." I said then I heard the baby cry. "Hold on." I said and ran upstairs. Hopefully that didn't wake up Carter. I got Alaina and walked back downstairs. Luckily it didn't wake up Carter. "She won't stop crying." I said. "Lemme see her." Alex said. I gave her to Alex and she stopped crying. "Alex you are a lifesaver." I said and he laughed. "Did you order the pizza?" I asked. "Yeah, it will be here soon." Alex said. "Austin? Austin?" I heard Carter saying from upstairs. "I'm downstairs." I said. "Where's the b-oh hey Alex." She said. "Hey." He said. The doorbell rang and I walked upstairs and got the pizza. We ate the pizza then Alex fell asleep on the couch downstairs. Carter was holding Alaina and she looked like she was about to fall asleep. "C'mon let's go to bed." I said and we walked upstairs. Carter laid down on the bed and I put Alaina in her crib. I walked back to our room and found Carter asleep. I got in the bed and wrapped my arms around Carter. "I love you." I said to Carter and kissed her forehead. "I love you too." She whispered then I fell asleep.