Chapter 3: HEAT

I gritted my teeth as we locked eyes together.

"What are you?!" She demanded.

"I don't know!" I shouted as she clenched her fists.

"I could tell you're not a vampire. You ain't a werewolf either! So, what are you?!"

I really don't know! All I know is that I have these regenerative abilities when I came back from the dead.

"Do you think I'm lying?! I really don't know!"

She then pulls out a bowie knife.

Wait! That's mine!

I tried to free myself again but my efforts seemed to be useless. She touched my bloodied chest as she suddenly freed me from the ropes and gave me back my knife.

"I think I believe you then," she held out her hand and we shook.
"Anyway, I heard you were once a detective," she asked me with a calm voice, "Is that true?"

"Yes, I was. But where did you hear that?" I stood up and put my knife inside my sheathe.

"Some girl told me," she scratched her head.

"Can you describe her?" I gave her a stare.

She groaned, "She had brown hair and her eyes were red like fire."

Yep! That's Shiva.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"..She just left." The vampire girl suddenly introduced herself. Her name is Tara and she's 17 years old.

She's a vampire that doesn't hunt humans, but steals dozens of gallons of human blood in any hospital she can find.

She told me that she was supposed to drink my blood until she realize that I'm not an ordinary human when she saw my body impossibly healed from an injury that even a vampire can't survive. She's also looking for a place to stay.

I told her that she can use my place so I can try to extract some information out of her and use her for my needs and desires. I told her my name is Ryan Levinson, which is a lie.

She opened a door that leads us outside, "Now that I told you about myself, it's your turn!" We walked out and saw a 2015 black dodge charger parked nearby.

That's my car.

"I'm an ex-detective who just can't die. I'm a true immortal being that doesn't need any blood to survive, but I don't have any special abilities unlike you, who can move in high speed and have great physical strength. Anyway! I wanna know about that sadistic vampire who almost killed me. Where he lives. Where he works. Everthing!" She looked down and seemed to be aggitated by my question.

"Darris Haggis.... he's one of the parasites here in town. He works for someone named Davian... that's all I know! If you're planning to kill him, you might wanna throw away your bowie knife because that is not how to kill a vampire," She grits her teeth as she gave me a serious look.

"Use a stake!" she holds out a car key.

My car keys!

"Oh! It's just like the legend. You can only kill a vampire if you stabbed it's heart with a stake and as for werewolves, you can only kill them with silver. Am I right?" I quickly grabbed it away from her.

She then gave me an annoyed look before rolling her eyes. I sighed for a moment and smirked.

We went to my car and drove back to my house. I opened the door and set her up a nice bed before letting her inside. Though, it's not exactly a bed but a couch.

I gave her some of my clothes and laid myself on the floor, thinking about my plan.

I have to track and learn more about vampires and werewolves tonight.

But... How? First! I found out I was dead only to live again as an immortal being and meet an unknown entity known as Shiva. Now, it's vampires and werewolves! Give me a break! Well, this actually doesn't  shock me since I just experienced so many weird things.

I checked on Tara who is sleeping on the couch. She's wearing my black shirt.

I went to my basement and put on my X-outfit. I'm already hiding my knife beneath my coat. I carried some other equipment which might be useful. I walked to the living room and grabbed my gun from my drawer.

I turned around and suddenly saw Shiva, giving me a cold stare. She's still wearing the same outfit.

"What are you doing my creation?" she grinned wickedly.

"Stop calling me that! You're not my creator!" I shouted, pointing my gun to her.

"Oh, but I am! Since I'm the one who raised you from the dead and granted you the power of immortality," She slowly walked towards me and her soft hand touched my cold cheeks.

You're kidding me.

"If you are the one, then... why?! Why did you raise me from the dead? And give me the power of immortality?" She then looked down and gave me a bored face.

"Let me tell you the whole story. After your death, your family gave you a nice funeral that many of your friends attended. I love visiting graveyards and I happen to like yours. Yours was filled with flowers while others are not. And I thought, this guy must be interesting, maybe I should play with him. That is why you are still alive. You are still alive so you can be my entertainment. Now! If you want to achieve your dream, go to the warehouse where the werewolf attacked you." This fueled my rage as she quickly vanished into thin air.

What?! Just who the hell does she think she is? Now that I found out she's the one behind all this, all I need to do is found out what the hell she is and change this rotten world.

I walked towards the door before opening it and headed out as I closed it.

I went to my car and drove to the warehouse where the werewolf had attacked me. I walked to the door that lead me to the crime scene. I looked down and my eyes scanned my surroundings.

That's wierd. The cops just cleaned it. They didn't even leave any physical evidence behind.

There would be a chalk outline here and this place would be restricted. But no! Someone just hid their tracks. That's... really smart. That guy must have connections to the authorities; I better be careful.

Suddenly, I heard something. It's... an... explosion. I went outside and slowly walked toward the sound. It's across the street. As I was getting closer, I suddenly felt a knife behind my back. It seems someone's behind me.

"Who the hell are you?!" The voice sounds too soft to be a man. It sounds like she's a girl.

I froze and suddenly saw two people coming our way. No! Two vampires!

I see! They are coming for her.

I grinned devilishly inside my mask.

"I can help you!" I said with a deep voice but I still sound... creepy.

"Why would I need your help?"

"That's because your life depends on it!"

She then lowered her knife. I turned around and I see a tough looking girl. She has red long hair. She's quite young and is probably the same age as Tara.

I grabbed her hand and we started to run as I lead her to my nearby car. We got inside as I inserted my key and tried to start the engine.

But it won't start.

Fuck! Of all the times.

I looked out the window and saw the two vampires giving me a death stare and walking toward us. They're getting closer.