Chapter 6: SLAIN

They smiled and slowly walked towards me. "I'm Gary! Nice to meet you!" He held out his hand and we shook.

It seemed that they didn’t suspect that I'm in league with the hunters yet. I'm gonna have to play around.

The second vampire introduces himself to me. His name is Walter.

"What's your name? You a friend of Amy?" Gary asked.

"Yes, I am. The name's Aaron." I lied with a smile.

So, Amy is her name. These two vampires have probably come here to kill her. Damn it! They have seen my face. Luckily, they don't suspect me. I’m X.

"Do you know where Amy has gone?" Walter asked Gary.

"I don't know! We just got here, man!" Gary answered with a strong voice.

I then went outside, thinking about my plans and leaving them inside.

I clenched my fists as I remembered about the tracking device that I put inside the vampire that killed Darren. I then turned on my encrypted phone to track him.

It seems he's in a school. Wait! That's where Tara is right now.

I then went to my car and drove at a high speed.

What do they want with Tara? Amy must have already known that I put a tracking device inside her cell. Maybe that's why I can't track her phone anymore.

I parked my car in a nearby place where no one is.

I hope I'm not too late. But the school is too quiet. I have to be careful.

I quickly opened my trunk and wore my X-outfit before proceeding to Tara's classroom.

I opened the door and my eyes opened wide in shock as I found out her classroom is filled with blood and dead bodies.

I looked around and found Tara’s phone on the floor. I picked it up before gritting my teeth with anger.

It seems she got away from the massacre. But this is unforgivable. Damn them!

I was about to head back to my car until a hooded man came back to take my life and blocked my way to the exit.

"Who the hell are you? No! What the hell are you?" He slowly asked.

I smirked wickedly inside my mask. "How can I introduce myself to a man who doesn't even introduce himself first?"

He revealed his face and pulls out his stake. He had a shaggy brown hair and a clean young face. His blue eyes were shining with madness, "My name doesn't matter. What about you?!" He wipes his bloodied mouth with a towel.

"The name is X! Did you do this?" I pulled out my gun and pointed it on him.

"So what if I did?! Whatever! Just die already!" He suddenly charges with high speed as I fired my gun. The bullet hitted him on the shoulder which only annoyed him.

He then kicked me down as I pulled out a stake from my coat and slashed him before he stepped back to avoid another slash, giving me time to formulate a plan.

I reloaded my gun and fired continuously at him. He took all the bullets like it was nothing.

I ran out of bullets as he ran towards me and stabbed me in the heart.

Fool!

I slowly smiled and I did what he just did. I stabbed him in the heart. The last thing he did was giving me a shocked face before his eyes became lifeless.

I devilishly grinned as I pushed him down and left his dead body on the spot.

"Weakling!" I whispered to myself and contacted Amy again by phone as I put my gun back in my holster.

She finally answered my calls. Amy told me to meet her in a local motel tonight. I walked out and went back to my car before driving back home, then I went to my closet and got dressed in my normal clothes.

I suddenly heard Tara from the bathroom. I slowly opened the door and saw that she's all wet and crying very loud.

Why is she crying?

I walked inside then sat right beside her.

"He killed them! He killed them in front of me! Why?" She shouted as I slowly rubbed her back.

"Don't worry! I already killed him so they can rest in peace. Also life is never fair, Tara. You have to accept that?" She slowly looked at me with sadness on her face.

"What do they want with you? Just... Tell me everything you know," She rolls her eyes and looked away.

"I didn't tell you my full name. It’s Tara Dracula. My family has been the strongest and oldest vampire family since ancient times. We have spent our whole lives helping people and saving them. I'm the youngest of them all and we have been sent into hiding because of Davian's vampire organization called The Brotherhood and a msyterious werewolf organization called Sabre Tooth. Together, they control the media, the population, the government, and even the whole country. But there is a group of human resistance that always prevented them from gaining control of everything. They are called The Hunters. People have begun to believe that vampires and werewolves are real since many incidents about humans getting bitten on the neck or mutilated occur everyday. Tensions and injustice rises while governments made it even worse by establishing a new system that forces lower class citizens to do manual labor; they were practically slaves to the rich and high. Many have died due to horrific working conditions and abuse. The system has gone worldwide and people are desperate for some hope. Now that I have told you everything… kill me. Free me from this cursed world that has hurt me for so long." She said as I slowly looked down in sadness and anger.

Even governments are rotten to the core! I'm guessing a lot has happened when I was dead. I will change this new system. No! I'll destroy it! I will become that hope!

"You're a fool! Do you really think death is the only way to solve your problems? Don't make me laugh! If you want to be free from this cursed world then change it!" I shouted and grabbed her a towel before drying her up and walking out.

I was about to lead her to the couch but she refuses. I smiled as I quickly carried her and dashed into the living room. I then putted her down on the couch.

"Goodnight, my little young Dracula," I whispered in her ear as she blushed like a cute girl.

Finally! She's asleep. I grinned and went to my hidden closet to wear my X-outfit. I have already prepared any equipment that I might need. I then walked out and went to my car before driving to the motel that Amy was talking about.

I quickly found out that everyone outside the motel is part of The Hunter as I slowly exited my vehicle on the street.

They may look like civilians but the weapons they're carrying gives it away now.

They all pointed their guns on me as Amy walked toward me.

"What the hell are you, really?!" She asked.

"I have already told you," I answered.

"No! You didn't! You're a hybrid, aren't you?" She grits her teeth.

"I'm not! I'm just an immortal being that wants to join you," I stood still, not showing any reaction of fear.

"Well, the thing is, X, we don't trust you!" She said and pointed a gun on me.

"Is that so? Then shoot me! And this whole place goes to smoke!" I slowly pulled out my detonator as I showed them a huge bomb with a blast radius of 200 meters on my car. They suddenly froze in fear as I started to laugh sinisterly.