Chapter 2: MASK OF A TYRANT

I froze for a moment.

"I think that's for you to find out," She grinned wickedly as I sat with fear.

"Anyway! Be careful, my little pet. That werewolf could have killed you!" Shiva said before vanishing into thin air.

So that thing was a werewolf. I believe her since that girl is not human. Little girls do not appear out of nowhere and stay awfully calm.

Who the hell is she? No! What the hell is she? I don't think meeting her in that graveyard was a coincidence.

I muttered to myself for a minute, thinking about what will I do next. It was then I decided to look for the one who murdered me and....... kill him!

For now, I better take a shower and change some clothes. I then drove back to Shiva's house and parked my car nearby. It was like a haunted house. I gritted my teeth as my hand reached the door.

I hope I won't regret this.

I opened the door and closed it after entering. I saw a small note sticking on the TV that read: The house is yours! Don't try to find me! Don't even think about me! Focus on your goals! - Shiva.

If she really wanted to kill me, she would have done it by now. So I might trust her for now.

I sighed for a moment and went back to my car to grab my things and put it inside the house. I then stood still for a moment and looked down.

Who or what is Shiva? What am I? Why do I have this strange power? I need to find answers of what is happening about me. I have to keep myself hidden for now.

Nobody should know William Hart still exists.

To do that I must become..... a symbol! A shadow, who works in the dark to protect the innocent. For that I must wear a mask to keep my face hidden from this cruel world.

Now that I have this power! It's mine. The power of immortality is mine, and mine alone. I can't let those monsters lurk in the dark and live. I will use this power to change the world. I have to use it!

I looked up and smirked sinisterly.

This new life is interesting and fun. Well, then.

(2 Days later)

I suddenly woke up on the floor with the things I bought yesterday. I went out and walked to a nearby boutique.

The sunlight made me a bit energetic. I still have enough money to buy some clothes. 

I went inside and bought myself a few dark pairs of pants, some black hoodies, and a few other essentials I might need.

I walked back to my house only to find a creepy black mask at my door. The mask has a note sticking on it: Put it into good use! - Shiva.

"Is Shiva a mind reader?" I chuckled darkly.

I then opened the door and went inside with the things I bought. I checked the mask. It was more of a helmet than it was a mask. I put it on and looked at the TV screen that reflected my covered face. 

It looks kinda...... ridiculous! I took off my mask. I put on my black shirt and my dark trench coat as I put on the mask again, and this time it looks.... menacing. Intimidating. I also threw on some leather gloves.

Hmph! If I wear this in public, I must call myself..... X!
It seems the mask made my voice a bit...... Creepy. Anyway!

Why is Shiva helping me? Well! I might find that out in the future.

I carefully tucked away my X-outfit in a hidden closet inside the basement and put my normal clothes in the closet in the living room.

I hid my bowie knife beneath my black hoodie.
I've bought many thing during my stay here.

Now, I just need a bed. A very affordable bed since I'm running out of money.

I walked out and went to my car to drive. I drove into the nearest shop that sells cheap mattresses and bedframes. I parked my car in a nearby street and walked inside.

It's getting late!

I looked at my watch. The time is 6:27 PM. I checked my wallet.

"Shit!" I cursed as I realized.... I don't have enough money to afford a bed.

I scratched my head for a moment.

I was about to drive back home as I noticed a suspicious man blocking the exit.

He pushed me back as I clenched my fists.

The man introduced himself as Darren Haggis. He then smiled wickedly as I gave him a death stare.

He then asked for my name. I only kept  silent and slowly put my left hand on my hidden bowie knife in case he made any sudden moves.

"Hahahaha! Are you too scared? Coward," He disrespectfully taunted me. "Here goes nothing," His nails suddenly sharpened as he grabbed me by the neck.

His teeth suddenly formed into two sharp fangs like a..... vampire! He suddenly bit me on the neck as I screamed in pain. His two sharp fangs sank into my flesh. I quickly stabbed him in the eye and kicked him in the gut as he let go of me.

I put my right hand on my neck. People were screaming and running. Blood! Everywhere! I was about to make my way to the exit when someone suddenly punches me on the chest, tearing a hole right through me. I started to spit blood and turned around to see..... Darren.

"You fucker! Die!" 

He then rips my abdomen and kicks me down as he laughs like a maniac.

The pain! I started to lose my consciousness. My vision started to blur as he left me to die on the floor.

I happen to see a beautiful lady that is looking at me, then for a few moments... everything goes black.

I started to feel my strength again as I slowly opened my eyes. I found myself in a creepy dark room. My hands and legs are tied to a chair. I struggled to free myself but... It's no use! I suddenly see the beautiful lady again as she slowly comes closer. It seemed she's a...... vampire as well.