Chapter 18: PLANNED

I pushed the button to make Walter hear my voice.

"I never thought you would come."

Walter grabs the walkie-talkie from Amy's hand before replying.

"You too, X." Walter admitted.

"Now, would you bring back my Amy?"

Walter scoffed, "Why would I do that when I can use her right now?"

"No. You won't."

"Why is that?" He gave a confused look at the walkie-talkie.

"Because there's a bomb inside that walkie-talkie you are holding."

Walter tried to throw away the walkie-talkie, but I interrupted him by saying, "And do not throw it away. 'Cause I will push this button before seeing you on fire."

Walter suddenly froze in fear when I said that.

"Where the hell are you?!" He demanded as his eyes were looking everywhere for me.

You're an idiot, Walter. You didn't even notice that I'm watching you right now.

"You're bluffing. You wouldn't kill your friend here." He stammered. He was testing me if I was bluffing.

"Oh, yes. I will. Remember! I'm not a hero. I'm just a man who wants to do the right thing. A man makes mistakes. I'm gonna do a mistake to do the right thing." I smiled sinisterly before chuckling deviously.

"You're just a tyrant like Davian!" Walter shouted.

"A man must take action if necessary, no matter how violent, or cruel, is for the greater good of his people. I am willing to become a tyrant for the sake of the world. So, it doesn't matter anything what you said."

"I can let her go. Just don't kill me." Walter pleaded before letting Amy go. Amy started walking away from him while I put back my walkie-talkie into my pocket.

"Well, done." I quickly pulled out my Colt 45 attached with a silencer before pointing it to Walter, without him noticing.

I fired at his head four time and it exploded while his blood splattered across the ground before he fell down.

The crowd suddenly ran and screamed when they saw a dead man with blood all over the ground.

Pesky civilians!

An old man suddenly placed his hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was. It was Hershel. My right hand man. I quickly hid my face when I saw him. He knew it was me, but he still didn't saw my face.

"Get him out of here." I ordered.

"Yes, X." He complied.

(Hours Later)

This house is irritating.

"What is it, Franz?" I asked the vampire on the phone.

"It's Jane! She, uh, found out."

"Found out about what?"

"That I'm a vampire, and that you're in league with The Hunters. There's also a msytery case for us to solve in Attica." Franz informed.

"Where is she now?"

"She's at her school."

"Prepare for my arrival in there. I'm going there with a new identity." I ended the call before putting my phone back into my pocket.

"Who is it?" Tara's voice called out from the kitchen.

"It's Franz! I'm going on a new case, now. Bye."

"Take care."

I opened the door before closing and walk towards my car that is across the street.

I entered and inserted my key to start the engine. I was suddenly interrupted when someone knocked on my window. It was a girl.

That girl! She seems familiar. No! It can't be! It's Coraline Jones. The waitress from before. Why is she here?

I pushed the button to open my window.

"Coraline! How are you here?"

"Say! Are you X?"

Everything went quiet as the gentle breeze sways our hair.