Chapter 5: SPREAD OUT

I slowly pulled out my detonator.

"I'm tired! You can kill her if you want to. But..... now that I have you here, guess I better blow us up since I can't die anyway,"

He suddenly froze in fear. He knew both of their healing factors were not strong enough to withstand such a huge explosion.

"What are you gonna do now? Cat got your tongue, vampire? Anyway! Give her to me! And I might change my mind," I smirked with confidence.

"Nice try!" He stuttered with fear.

"Care to find out?" I looked at him with an evil face.

"Wait! You can have her, but..... let me go!" He released Tara from his grasp.

Fool! He'd taken the bluff.

"Done!" I quickly grabbed Tara away from him as I suddenly pulled out my gun and shot him in the head as he fell motionless to the floor. His blood splattered across the wall.

I put my gun back on my holster as I slowly walked towards him and knelt down before snapping his neck with ease. I then pull out a syringe and insert a full dose of poison to weaken him.

He's not gonna be waking up anytime soon. I looked at Tara as she suddenly gave me a slap in the face. "Thank you!" She then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I think she has a weird way of saying thank you.

I then left Tara inside the house while dragging Darren into the trunk of my car.

I drove to an abandoned storehouse and parked in a nearby street before exiting and getting Darren out of my trunk then went inside the building.

I then carried him to an underground room as I looked around for people.

Perfect! There's nobody here and there's even a steel chair in here.

I went back to my car and opened the trunk to get my X-outfit before going back to the underground room to change my clothes.

I then carefully tied Darren with chains to a steel chair and slit his wrists. His blood flowed everywhere on the floor as his regenerative abilities began to weaken. I've waited an hour for him to wake-up.

He slowly opened his yellow colored eyes. His fingers began to twitch.

"Where am I? What did you do to me?" He asked with a weak voice.

"That doesn't matter! What do you want with Tara? Who sent you? Who is he? Is it Davian?" I crossed my arms.

He grits his teeth, "I ain't telling you shit!" He shouted.

"Fine. I have other ways to make you talk." I pulled out a pair of pliers from my coat and started pulling out the nails on his fingers and toes.

"You sick fuck!" He struggled to free himself with desperation.

"Oh, really?!" I then started to laugh deviously.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I'm gonna fucking kill you!" He started to curse like a madman as he threatened me.

"Just tell me! Who sent you?! Or I am gonna gut you like a pig!" I put my pliers on a table and grabbed his throat.

"His name is Davian! He lives on---" A hooded man suddenly appeared and interrupted him.

He kept his face well hidden as he quickly threw a stake at Darren, killing him.

I quickly pulled out my gun and fired two rounds.

He's too fast for me to shoot him. Just who the hell is he?! Based on his display of speed and movement, he's a vampire!

He suddenly disappeared from my eyes before appearing behind me as he kicked me down and bit me on the neck.

I tried to push him away but he just won't let go. I smiled sinisterly as I managed to put a tracking device on him.

I pulled out my stake and tried to stab the blood-sucking demon but he suddenly jumped away from me.

He then quickly ran outside. I tried to follow him but... He's already gone. I then went back to Darren and grabbed his wallet.
It seems he lives on an apartment and he has a lot of money in here. I looked up and saw the sun shining brightly in the clear sky from the window.

I then dragged Darren's dead body outside and grabbed a shovel from my trunk before burying him in the ground.

Now! That I have hid his dead body. I wiped the whole place down for prints and evidence.

I then put some of my things back in the trunk and went to my car before driving to Darren's apartment.

I then parked nearby and went inside before looking around for clues.

There's nothing in here. His clothes! His things! Gone! Whoever killed Darren and did this, doesn't want to be found out. He knows what he's doing. Interesting!

I smirked deviously inside my mask.

This Davian seems like a smart guy like me.

I stood for a moment and suddenly felt my head being literally hit with a baseball bat. My skull cracked as I went down on my knees.

My vision is getting blurry. I looked around and I see a vampire, hitting me everywhere with a baseball bat.

He suddenly stopped as he finally thought I was dead which gave me time for my body to heal quickly.

I grinned deviously as I pulled out a stake and stabbed the vampire in his heart.

I pushed him away and set the whole place on fire. I walked outside and went to my car. I then drove back home. Luckily, Tara is not around. I hid my X-outfit and wore my normal clothes.

(2 Days later)

That red head's flash drive contains every feeding ground of vampires and werewolves. Maybe that's why she was followed by vampires and werewolves that day.

Well, it's been two days. I can only believe that they are no longer chasing her since the hunters found out that the flash drive was stolen and destroyed by me. Though, they still don't know who I really am. They only knew me as X. Besides, I don't need that flash drive anymore because I remember everything inside it.

I sat on the couch and turned on the television. I watched the news and it showed every cruel thing happening in the world.

I clenched my fists as I suddenly found out that the red-haired hunter girl's friends are on the media.

They were... murdered. I grit my teeth as I slam my fists on the wall.

Those useless hunters! Now, I have to deal with this alone. Damn it!

I then quickly drove to the red-heads house.
I contacted her but... she's not answering my calls. I quickly barged myself inside her house and found two vampires inside. The two made me uncomfortable, which lead me to think that they are not like the ones I killed before.