Chapter 11: ARRIVAL

I'm in Attica, Kansas and I have finally seen Franz in his black jacket and car: A black chevrolet camaro. It's the one I gave it to him.

I smiled and waive my hand at him. I texted him to meet me in a nearby restaurant to talk which we did. We parked our cars nearby and went inside. We looked around to find a comfy seat and Franz sat on his seat before me as I sat mine. I ordered the waiter for a black coffee while Franz just ignored everyone except me.

"So, have you seen the house yet?" He leans back on his seat and looked at the window.

"No." I began to sip my coffee which is delicious.

"I gotta tell you, the house is big and creepy by the way. Are you sure you can handle it? Even though your one of X's best men. You're still human and if you die, X might kill me for that and I don't wanna die, Mark."

"Oh let's find out." I put my cup on the table and grabbed a tissue before wiping my mouth and throwing it away on a nearby garbage can.

"Man! You really are cocky one." He said in a sarcastic tone and gave me a smile.

"Well, let's go." We both stood up and walked out the door before going into our cars.

We both drove to the creepy big house that Franz was talking about and parked our cars nearby before looking around and went inside. I checked my watch and the time is 2:22 AM.

Damn it! It's getting dark. Vampires are not affected by sunlight but they are very active on the dark. The one who lives in this house must be a vampire or something else. And this place is perfect. No people around. Just trees and the wind. No witness.

"Hey Franz!" I shouted.

"What?!" He shouted back and raised his arms in the air.

"Can you please put cameras everywhere inside the house?"

He scratches his temple and there was an awkward silent for a moment.

"What? You scared that a ghost might haunt you?" I smiled and crossed my arms.

"Oh, fuck you!" He gave me the middle finger before glancing at the house. "And besides you do know that ghosts do not exist. There is just something inside there."

"Fine! I'll do it. But check the laptop inside my car. So you can see if the cameras and wiretaps work." I opened my trunk and grabbed a bag filled with cameras and wiretaps before closing it and walked toward the house.

I opened the door and a smell suddenly enters my nose.

That smell. It's blood. I guess the cops haven't cleaned it well before taking away the bodies. And the cops didn't even bother to investigate this place. The place where many people is murdered and no one even gives a fuck to find out why and how. I can only believe that the killer only dragged his dead victims here. He kills them somewhere else.