Chapter 36

' Jaehyun..shi?' Her voice echoes in my mind as she calls my name. I look up, my eyes meeting her glowing red ones daringly. ' Yes, Your Majesty?'

She places her chin in her in palm and cocks her head slightly. ' Its quite rare for you to willingly come and see me.' She stops and smirks before she continues. ' Because I know.. I am the last person in this place that you would like to meet.....'

I smile. ' You're still quite a tease aren't you?' I chuckle half- heartedly. She knows. She knows how I felt about her and rather than keeping quiet about it, she decides to tease me, provoke me to be mad at her because of her cunning personality.

I tried to hate her. I did. As she had destroyed my mother's happiness the moment she waltzed into the King's life and seduced him. I was able too for quite awhile. But after sometime, the hatred that grew in my heart had slowly developed into something completely different. Eventually I would find my eyes following her as she passed by and my heart would get this weird jittery feeling every time I heard her name.

That was when I knew that I had fallen into her trap. And the worst thing is I had let those feelings grow inside me until it became too painful for me to bear.

' Your Majesty, you do know that those things you had said about me a moment ago had long been gone don't you?'

The Queen lifts the teacup to her lips and smiled. ' Forgive me then.. for those wrong assumptions..'. She sips her tea quietly and placed the teacup once again on the table. She glances at the grandfather clock by the wall and turns to me. ' I must be interrupting your work today Jaehyun, if you want to.. you could dismiss yourself. ' I raised my brow in confusion. ' Work?.. I never mentioned that I had--'

' I believe you have more important matters to attend, so I'll take my leave first.' She intercepted. ' But--' I tried to reason with her but she had already gotten up from her seat and was getting ready to leave the room. Before she stepped out, she stopped for a moment at the door and turned to me. ' And please, whatever you do, don't let yourself get into trouble. It'll cause mayhem in the castle.'

And just like that, she was gone from the room.

I was still sitting there, in my chair, looking at the door with a dumbfounded expression. She had probably seen something about me since she can see the future but refused to tell me what it was. She probably wanted me to find it out by myself.

So, I exited the room and decided think about what she had meant. I was too immersed in my thoughts because when I stopped thinking, I finally noticed that I was no way near the exit and in fact, had gone to another wing of the castle.

I was trying to find my way back when suddenly I heard two familiar voices coming out of a certain room. Slowly, I crept closer towards the room and peeked through the slight opening of the door. Just as I thought, those two voices really did belong to the two people I knew so well.

Kris and Suho.

Their voices were hushed as they talked so I could barely hear what they were saying. So, I moved closer to the opening and was finally able to hear them a bit.

'Was she fine? Were you able to stop her from going wild?' Kris asked with a worried tone.

' Barely...' Suho sighed. ' If  I had gone any later.. those three wolves would have been doomed!'

' Krystal is quite impressive for a newborn. She was able to supress her anger for almost a month. If it was me, I wouldn't have lasted for a week!' Kris chuckled, followed by Suho.

' I know.. I've seen it happen. By the way, how much longer does she have to stay there? I fear if we let her stay for a longer time, people might start to sense it.. Her blood does give quite a strong smell. I was able to sense even before I entered the house.'

' I know, I'm worried too... But we can't let her stay here for now. We still have to wait for HIM to come out...'

' I guess, her stay there will be longer, I suppose. I'll tell Sehun about that.'

'Thanks...'

I pulled away in shock. I staggered backwards until his back met the wall behind him.

What is this? Aren't they the ones who had sent those search parties to find her? But how can they know Krystal's current condition?
Do they mean that they know her wherebouts all this time and were faking her disappearance?

Instantly, I materialized myself to my car when I heard there were footsteps coming my way. No way can see me there or not, it'll be the end of me.

I sighed in relief when I was able to drive past the gates undetected. The Queen's words  from earlier suddenly surfaced in my mind as I drove. She had probably knew what was going to happen... No wonder she gave me that warning.

Well, whatever.

With the clues that I have from their conversation, I guess its time for me to find the princess myself and bring her back.

.............................................................................

Hello there!

Sorry I havent been writing for so long. Its just that I was having quiet a stressful time thinking about my results before it came out so I was kinda having nightmares about it. My thoughts were quite messed up at that time so I couldn't of a good storyline to continue this fic. After my results came out the other day, i thought I would feel better but instead it made me feel worse. My parents were pushing me to search for scholarships because of my good results. I know its not that bad of a problem because they only want the best of me but I hated being pushed and listen to things that I dont understand.

Sorry for my long rant here. But you guys are the only ones that I could tell about these complicated feelings of mine.