Chapter 13

¤ Kris ¤

The orange light from the fire danced on the walls of my mother's salon, illuminating the whole room with its bright light. My eyes never broke from my mother's petite body, watching her every move on every second. She placed her cup on the coffe table beside her gently and finally faced me.

' What did you want to talk about my dear?' she said with her usual warm smile.
I took out the picture that I found from the book from my pocket and placed it infront of her. She picked up the picture and studied it with a frown. Realising what the picture was about, her smiled faded from her face and tears welled in her eyes.

' Do you remember that picture?' I asked.

She nodded as she tried to bite back her sobs from escaping. ' H- how did you find this?' she choked and held the picture to her chest.

' In the library. Inside the family history book from 17 years ago.'

' I thought the Elders got rid of those.' she muttered while averting her eyes from me.

I frowned. ' Why would the Elders do that?'

' They didn't want anyone to find out.' Her voice changing into soft whispers as if she was afraid that someone besides me would hear eventhough we were the only ones in the room.

' Find out about what mother?' I changed my seat and sat beside her on the cokd marble floor.

She looked down on me solemnly, her eyes brimmed with tears and sadness. ' Your sister..... Once she was born, they saw her future. She was supposed to bring big change to our society but the Elders didn't like change so they took her away from me. They say she was cursed and for ou family's safety and to ensure she never returns again, they took hid the vampire side of her deep inside the core of her heart and made her human. ' She explained while she wept silently.

' But why can't I remember her?'

She turned to face me and placed her hand on my cheek. I frowned as she gave me a smile.

' Because you were the one who loved her the most.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------

¤ Chanyeol ¤

I exited the bubble tea shop with two drinks in my hands then I looked around among the people passing by infront of me
and finally found Sehun who was leaning on a wall while looking dejected. I rushed to his side and handed him his drink. Instead of taking it away from me, he looked at me blankly and ruffled his hair frustration. I scowled. Did something while I was gone?

' Yah, Oh Sehun! I had to wait in line for such a long time just to order this for you and you're not drinking it!?' I scolded him. He sighed and muttered an insincere apology before he took it away from me.
' Ya, why do you look so upset? Did something happen? ' I nudged his shoulder.

' I found her... ' he muttered vaguely.

I widened my eyes in surprised while alnost choking on my drink. ' You mean her, her?! Your soulmate for the whole of you life her?!'

He nodded and sipped on his drink sadly.
' What happened dude? Did she reject you?'

He lowered his gaze and his jaw clenched.
' She ran away from me.'

' What?!' I shrieked and laughed after that, earning a glare from Sehun. ' Oh my Gosh! The mighty Oh Sehun just got dumped by a freaking human girl!' I whistled and continued to laugh.

Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, people began to make a crowd in the middle of the road. I turned towards the direction of the crowd and scowled. Somehow I have a bad feeling. ' Hey Sehun, let's go see what's going on.' I pointed towards the crowd of people and dragged Sehun with me before he could even agree.