Chapter 18

¤ Krystal ¤

' Wow! Whose house is this? ' I asked as I stare at the palace like mansion in awe as it came into view. I waited for someone to answer me but instead the car was only filled with silence. I turned around and studied the expression in everyone's faces.

Kris, who was sitting beside me, had his jaws clenched and his hands were balled into fists on his lap while Kai who was sitting at the front passenger seat was tapping his fingers on his thighs and his face was more paler than usual. Tao on the other hand, was gripping the steering wheel so hard until his knuckles becane white.

I frowned. Why is everybody so tense? Sensing the mood, I kept my mouth shut and prevented myself for asking questions any further.

The car finally screeched to a halt and all of us exited the car. Kris came to my side and placed his hand at the small of my back as he ushered me towards the front door. ' Kris, where are we?' I whispered to his ear but he kept walking further, his eyes fixed in the door and his lips were in tight straight line. The door suddenly creaked open as we came near and they all entered as if this thing was normal to them.

My breath stopped as I basked in the luxurious décor. There was a medieval of a goddess and a few cherubs on the ceiling of the entrance hall and at the center, a huge crystal chandelier illuminted the room in a low ember light.

The appearance of an old man wearing a black tuxedo startled me, snapping me out of my trance. The old man gave a 90° bow 'Your Majesty, my lords and...... miss?' he raised his brow and looked at me questioningly with his disturbing black eyes.

Before I could introduce myself, Kris had cut my words. ' Where's my parents?' he asked, his voice sounded cold yet superior. I stared at him. Is this how he usually is?

' They are currently having tea in your father's study. '

Kris glanced at his friends and nodded his head towards the stairs. The others ascended the stairs while Kris and I watched their backs as they left us. He turned to me, his eyes looked anxious and his hand seemed to shake a little as it took hold of mine tightly in his. ' Whatever happens, I'll always protect you okay?' he said to me but it sounded as if he was trying to assure himself.

I nodded with a confused expression plastered on my face. He pulled me towards the stairs and we both ascended to the first floor. I followed him silently as he lead me through a hall of doors. He halted suddenly and turned to me once again. ' Don't be scared okay?' he said and I nodded again.

He turned the door knob and the door was pushed open, revealing Tao, Kai, Suho and Baek Hyun and two other unknown figures sitting around a low coffee table having a cup of tea and idle chat.

One of the figures, a woman who had the same shade of blonde that I had turned towards our direction with a sweet smile plastered on her face. ' Kris dear, come and have a seat! There's plenty of tea for all of us.' She chirped with her eyes forming crescents.

Kris entered the room with me hiding behind his tall body. ' Thank you for the offer Mother, but today I want you to meet someone.' he said anxiously.

The woman placed her tea on the table and fixed her stare towards our direction.
' Who?' she squinted her eyes and the other unknown figure, a man also fixed his attention towards us.

Kris pulled me out from behind him and stood me near to his side. ' A girl, Kris? Seriously? This is not the perfect timing to discuss about your bethrothal. ' the woman deadpanned and rolled her eyes.

' This isn't just any girl Mother, Father. ' Kris gulped before he continued. The woman and the man, who seemed to be her husband sighed heavily and was about to prevent him for saying anyhing but his next words made them froze in shock.

' This is your lost daughter. Wu Yi Ling.'

------------------------------------------------------------------
¤ Luhan¤

I glared daggers at my brother as I watched him sigh in vain repeatedly as he sat by the window reminiscing his memories with his dead mate.

My anger was boiling inside of me as I stomped towards him. With a loud thud, I smacked the back of his head with force until he fell down to the floor.

' Ouch!' he grunted as he rubbed the spot where I just hit him. ' What was that for?!' he exclaimed.

I huffed and rolled my eyes. ' It's already been two weeks,Sehun! When are you going to stop grieving over her?! She's just a fucking mundane!' I shrieked, my cheeks were searing hot from anger.

Sehun stood with a jolt and our glaring eyes both met. ' She's my mate for God's sake Luhan! You won't understand what I'm feeling right now!' the latter spat.

' Why won't I understand?!'

' Because you've never even met your mate yet! '

Not being able to yell at him anymore, I let out an annoyed huff and jerked my head away from him. ' If you're going to continue grieving, at least do your own pack work. Don't make me do it.' I muttered.

Sehun's angry face dissipated and was replaced by a small smile. ' Is that why you're mad at me?'

I nodded and I could feel his smile getting wider. ' Okay, sorry for making you do the pack work all by yourself.'

' Whatever.' I turned away from him and started walking towards the door. Before I exited the room, I halted and turned to him one last time as an idea for revenge came to mind.

' As an apology...' I grinned and he cocked his head to the side looking at me curiously. ' You have to replace me at the annual friendship ball between vamps and weres next week. No buts.' I shook my finger at him and left him before he could protest.