Chapter 23

¤ No one's POV ¤

After dancing with Kris, Krystal had changed to dancing with Minghao, her younger brother whom she had just met earlier today. All this while, he had been in China, learning in an institute made for young vampires.

Minghao was a cute little button to her. With his round eyes and sweet smile, he had captured her heart instantly and they both had warmed to each other.

They were laughing around while dancing when a tap on Minghao's shoulder had startled them. Minghao turned and the pair widened their eyes.

' Oh Sehun. What do you want?'

Sehun gave him his haughty smirk. ' I'd like to have a chance to dance with the pretty lady here. Is that wrong?' he raised his brow as he looked at between Minghao and his sister.

' That's okay but. .. ' the cute boy turned to her and looked at her for her approval but Krystal had only stared at Sehun wih her brows furrowed and her lips were set into a straight line.

' Aw, come on Krystal! It's not like we've never known each other!' He exclaimed with a smirk.

The girl let out a defeated sigh and nodded. ' Fine. But not so long. '

Sehun bowed. ' As you wish, M'lady.'

Minghao looked between them warily and left them.

As soon as he left, Sehun's face turned emotionless and he looked at her with his sharp eyes.

' So, can I have this dance, M'lady?'

------------------------------------------------------------------

The two were quiet at first. Slowly swaying to the music and also succumbing to their own world.

Krystal kept her face down. The feeling of his hand on the small back of her was electrifying, making her more anxious that she already is and also she was too afraid to look at him because she could feel his sharp stare fixated on her. She doesn't know why he's being this way because as far as she could remember, the one who got her heart broken was her. Not him.

' Krystal..' his low voice had broken the silence between them.

' W-what?' she stuttered, still not looking at him.

' Luhan told me you were dead. '

The girl snorted. ' Then who do you think is dancing with you right now?'

' Are you actually a witch? '

She raised her head sharply and looked at him in disbelief. ' What?! No! '

The two halted from moving anymore and they gave each other glares. 'Then how can you become a fucking vampire royal when you used to be human? Explain to me that!'

The girl let out an exasperated sigh. ' It's a long story. ' she deadpanned and looked away from him.

' Well then. Tell me.' he held her hand and pulled her closer to him.

' Please. Not right now Sehun. People are watching.'

' Let's go to the garden. We'll be alone there.'

Before she could protest, he dragged her towards the rose garden through the entrance from the ballroom.

He made her sit on one of the benches and later, sat beside her.

' So how did you become one of the Wu's? All of them are born pureblooded vampires. How can a human be one of them?' he asked curiously.

' Actually I was already born as a Wu. I'm not even human Sehun. '