Chapter 32

The soft silvery light from the moon illuminated the room dimly. A familiar silhoutte was seen sitting on the bed as soon as the sight of the room came into Sehun's peripheral vision.

The latter's eyes were focused at the midnight blue sky. Her crimson eyes were glowing brightly like the colour of fresh blood. Her platimum blonde hair was a mess but she still looked like an angel in his eyes.

' What brings you here, jerk?' The sound of her voice had pulled him out of his thoughts and back into reality.

Sehun pursed his lips, carefully planning and arranging his words to avoid from upsetting her any further.

' I'm sorry..' he muttered, loud enough for her to hear.

The latter didn't react. Her lips were pursed tightly and her crimson eyes were still fixated on the shimmering stars in the night sky.

' Krystal, I know you're mad at me but please say something,' he pleaded whilst walking closer to her side.

' Don't come near me!'

His feet halted and he froze in his place.

Sehun was taken aback by Krystal's outburst.

The latter's head snapped towards him. Her crimson eyes were glaring murderously as her tears were fighting its way from falling.

' Why did you bring me here, Sehun?' She shouted angrily. ' You know that I'm not safe here and yet you-'

Tears finally fell from her eyes as she cried. The fear she felt from being in a foreign place had overwhelmed her.

' Are you trying to kill me?!'

Quickly, Sehun embraced her in his arms tightly and tried to soothe her by whispering calming words into her ears.
Krystal struggled to push him away at first, throwing light punches to his chest and pushing him away. But he kept on holding her in his arms until finally, she gave herself away.

She cried into his chest for a long while. When the tears had finally stopped, Sehun cupped her face and gave her a light peck on her pink lips, enough for the taste to linger for a longer moment.

He placed his forehead on hers, the coldness of her skin sent tingles to his chest.

' Please don't hate me... ' he said softly, almost whispering.

' How can I not hate you... You took me away from my family and brought me to this dangerous place..' Krystal croaked sadly.

' No,no love. I am trying to keep you safe here. I was told the palace is more dangerous than it seems. Your enemies are lurking near you and they are trying to kill you. '

Krytal stared at him in confusion.
' W-what? Someone's trying to kill me?'

Grimly, he nodded. ' A little bird told me to keep you hidden so I am carrying out his wishes.'

' Who is this little bird? W-why are they trying to kill me? D-did I do something wrong?' Krystal had started to panick. Her eyes and her hands were starting to shake from fear.

Sehun grabbed her hands and pulled her into his arms again.

' Krystal, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you.'

The latter raised her head to meet his eyes.

' Really?'

Sehun stared deeply into her eyes whilst thinking of his promise to her brother.
He couldn't imagine seeing her getting her hurt in any kind of away.

' Trust me.'

---------------------------------------------------------------

' HOW CAN YOU STILL NOT FIND MY DAUGHTER!??!' The king bellowed angrily. Red blush now coloured his white pale skin as he exploded in anger.