Chapter 26

Morning came at the Wu's family palace and all of them except Krystal had came down to the dining hall just in time to have breakfast.

Krystal was running late as usual again for breakfast because last night she had another counter with her beloved until late at night. She rushed to the dining hall with her two inch heels and slowed down when she reached the entrance to the room. She took a deep breath eventhough she didn't need to and entered the room with a smile on her face.

Her family were seated at their usual seats at the table but her usual seat beside her mother had been moved to beside her cousin Lay. She almost frowned but had refrained from doing so because it would earn a scolding from her mother. So she proceeded to saunter towards her seat and sat silently on it.

' Good Morning Mother, Father.' she greeted her parents sweetly as always. The two smiled and greeted her back.' The table's quite crowded today.' she said while scanning the faces of the people that were currently dining with them as she waited for her butler to serve her breakfast. ' Even Jessica unni is here. Is there something going on?' she asked curiously.

Her mother chuckled and trailed her hand along the length of Krystal's hair. ' You will know later, my dear. By the way, have you met your cousin Lay? He just arrived yesterday. ' her mother said as she nodded towards him.

' Yes, I did.' she glanced at him enough for him to notice her and gave him a smile.
' We bumped into each other in one of the hallways last night.'

Her mother widened her eyes. ' Really, dear? So how do you find him? He's quite handsome isn't he? And he's really sweet too am I right? ' she asked excitedly.

' Ummm... Er...' she looked between the Queen and Lay as she stuttered.

' Mother please.... Can't you see that she's flustered? ' Kris suddenly spoke up. ' Besides, she just met him yesterday. She doesn't really know him yet.'

Krystal met eyes with Kris and mouthed a silent thank you to him. Kris nodded and continued to eat his breakfast.

The Queen pouted and made a sulking face towards her first son. ' I was just asking her. ' she whined. She turned to Krystal and her face immediately brightened up again. ' By the way, since you're still new to the palace, I've asked Lay give you a tour around the palace!'

Krystal frowned. ' But haven't I done that on the first day?'

Lay who had been enjoying his breakfast, had also turned to the Queen with a look of surprise on his face. ' I will?'

The Queen chuckled. ' Oh silly Lay... Did you seem to forget what we talked about last night along with the King? ' her mother's tone changed as she gave him a piercing stare with her brows raised.

The people in the dining room suddenly went quiet. All of them had turned their attention towards the trio.

Krystal looked between her mother and Lay. Her mother's gaze still hadn't wavered from the young boy beside her and the boy was still raking his brain.

After thinking for a moment, Lay finally remembered. ' Oh.......That thing..' he pursed his lips and forced a smile. '. Sure I'll give her a tour after breakfast. ' He said a bit reluctantly.

' Good boy.' The Queen nodded and the dining room's atmospehere became normal again.

Krystal stared at Lay and noticed him sighing heavily as he turned away.

Is there something going on that she doesn't know?

------------------------------------------------------------------