Chapter 3

I was placing my books inside my locker when a familiar figure leaned on the lockers beside mine.

' Hey Krys ' my best friend, Kai slung his hand over my shoulder with a wide grin plastered on his handsome face.

' Hey!' I chirped and ruffled his hair.
' Haven't seen you in days! Where you've been all this time?'

His grin suddenly turned into wry smile.
' Just some family business I had to take care of. You don't need to worry about it.' he said with a shrug.

' Ooh' I know Kai's lying because he didn't look at me when he said that but I try to ignore. Maybe he didn't want me to know so I kept my mouth shut.

' Do you have anything to do after this? Let's hang out! We haven't hung out since forever!.' he changed the topic immediately.

' Sorry, I can't. I have something else to do today.' And that important thing is actually cooking dinner for Sehun, who will be very grumpy if I'm late but I'm not gonna tell him that of course! Pfft... how crazy that would be!

Kai squinted his eyes, scrutinizing me with his dark brown orbs. I gulped. I hate it when he does this.

' What would that be Krystal? As far as I know you're not even a part of club and you don't have that many friends. Perhaps. ... You have a boyfriend!?' His eyes widened in surprise while his hands held my shoulders tightly.

' No, you dumb ass!' I slapped his head, earning glares from his fangirls who just passed by. ' Don't be so ridiculous!' I scolded him.

' Ow! That hurts you know! You're damaging my brain!' he exclaimed while rubbing the side of his head.

I rolled my eyes. ' It's not like you use it anyways' I muttered softly.

' I heard that!'

' Whatever'

I slammed my locker shut and slung my backpack on my shoulder. ' Anyways, I need to get going. See you later, Kai.' I turned my heel started to walk towards the exit but he grabbed my wrist and turned me around. ' Wait.. Can we at least hang out this Sunday? I really miss you Krys...' he looks at me with his gleaming puppy eyes and pouty lips.

Oh my god. . NOT THIS!

' Pweaseee?'

Urgh! I facepalmed internally and groaned.

' Sure' I breathed.

His lips started to curve upwards and raised his fist to the air. ' Yes!'

I rolled my eyes and grinned. ' Run along lover boy. I need to get going.' I waved at him for the last time and headed towards the exit.

' Don't forget about Sunday!' he shouted from the back.

' I won't!' I replied without looking back at him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

' You're late.' the grumpy little 'kid' tapped his feet impatiently and clicked his tongue in annoyance.

I rolled my eyes. ' Welcome back to me. ' I said sarcastically. ' I'm late for like 10 minutes Sehun. Stop being so grumpy.' I scolded him.

He huffed and plopped down on of the lush sofas in my living room. ' I'm not grumpy.. Just.. Worried' I heard him mumble but I just ignore it.

I slipped on my house slippers and headed towards the kitchen with plastic bags filled with groceries in both of my hands. Grunting, I turned to him angrily and sent him a murderous glare. ' Will you at least be a gentleman and help carry these!?' I yelled.