Chapter 4

¤ Krystal ¤

I held the door open and turned to Sehun who was watching some random cartoon that was currently playing in the television.

' I'm gonna go to school. Watch the house for me 'kay?' I reminded him.

' Yeah, yeah. Whatever.' He waved me away without averting his eyes from he screen. I rolled my eyes. Annoying bastard.
I slipped on my shoes and exited the door a sigh.

------------------------------------------------------------------
¤ Sehun ¤

As soon as I heard the sound of the gates closing, I rushed towards the closet and grabbed a coat, snapback, shades and mask that I hid secretly last night when sje was snoring her room. I left the house and trailed behind her without her knowing.
I kept a fair distance between myself and her. Just so that she won't notice me stalking her.

She was walking leisurely towards her school while enjoying the fresh morning air. Today, she left her hair loose so her blonde curls cascaded neatly behind her back. It gleamed under the morning light,her hair, appearing slightly silver to the half lit sky.

I pursed my lips. She always complain to me how ugly she was but she never knew what people really thought of her. Even in her blue black uniform, she looked beautiful. She wasn't even wearing any make up except for some bb cream and moisturiser on her face. She was effortlessly beautiful. But, she was too humble to notice any of it.

I shook my head vigorously.

This wasn't a time to appreciate how pretty she was. The reason I'm stalking her is because I wanted to know where the weird scent came from.

I slapped my cheeks softly. 'Wake up Oh Sehun. ' I scolded myself.

I noticed she suddenly halted and she was looking at the alley on her left with a smile plastered on her face.I furrowed my brows. Is she waiting for someone?

I moved behind the back of car to get a closer look. ' Kai!' I heard her say.
That name... Somehow it triggered something in my brain but I can't seem to grasp it. My mind tells me that I've heard that name before.

A tall boy with dark brown hair came out from the alley and he slung his hand around her. I could only see the side of his face from my current spot so I took a few more steps towards them to get a full view.

' Hey Krystal! Fancy meeting you here. Wanna walk to school together?' he offered his hand to her.

' Sure!' she chirped and the two hook their arms together and started to walk.

I trailed behind them silently while my eyes were closely studying the boy.That Kai, he was emitting some kind of supernatural power and strength but he looked like he was suppressing it as if he was trying to keep it a secret.

Surely if Kai was a supernatural being, I would've known. Especially if he was a vampire because some vampires had a truce with the wolves to keep out of each other's territories. But nahh, he couldn't be a vampire. He was able to withstand sunlight without having any rashes or burns. I think he is probably a warlock or something. Yeah, he does seem like one.

Unless, he comes from a line of noble vamps. But, they didn't come out that much eventhough they can live under the sun. They've always kept a low profile so I didn't know much about them. I've met the vamp prince with his hooded goons once though. And it wasn't a pretty sight to tell. Anyways, back to the stalking.

As I was inching closer towards them,my feet crunched something in the road making the Kai boy turning his head sharply towards my direction. I quickly hid behind a really smelly dumpster and muttered a curse under my breath. I hope he didn't see me.

' What's wrong? ' I heard Krystal ask.
' Nothing...... Just saw a SMELLY LOST DOG HIDIN BEHIND THE DUMPSTER.' he said the words a little too loud.

Shit. He did saw me.

And why did he call me a smelly dog? I don't smell. And plus, I'm not a dog.

After a thousand years, I finally could hear them walking once again and waited until their foot steps were no longer in my hearing distance.

' Phew..' I sigh in relief and wiped the the beads of sweat on my forehead with my sleeve. Thank God I knew how to hide. I was so close to being caught by them. Well, I did get caught by Kai actually but nevermind. At least, Krystal didn't know.

I think thats enough stalking for today.

------------------------------------------------------------------

¤ Krystal ¤

A snap from Kai's fingers had made me return to reality.

' Wha...' I asked blankly. ' You've been daydreaming too much lately. Is there something that you're not telling me?' Kai asked with a scowl.

Erk, did he notice? I thought I hid it well.

I averted my eyes away from him. ' Pfft! Of course not!' I let out a nervous laugh.
' You're my best bud. Why should I keep secrets from you?'

Kai leaned into his chair and stared at me intently. ' That's what I thought.' he said in a monotonous voice.

Now its my turn to frown. ' Wh- what do you mean?'

He rolled his eyes and groaned in frustration. ' Krystal, I've known you like 8 years. I could tell when you're lying to me.' he exlaimed madly.

I sighed and facepalmed. ' Promise me if I tell you. . You won't be mad.'

He raised his hand as if he was taking an oath. ' Promise.'

I sighed heavily once again and looked at him straight in his eyes.

' There's   ... A boy living in my house. And he's a stranger whom I do not know very really well...' I couldn't even finish explaining when he suddenly slammed his fists on my desk, attracting attention from our other classmates.

' What!?' he shrieked in anger.

I slapped his arm and sent him a murderous glare. ' I thought you promised!' I hissed in return.

He mumbled a few protests and told everyone to fuck off.

' Are you out of your fucking mind Krystal? You're a girl living under the same roof with a stranger whom you do not know anything about his past. ' He whispered angrily. ' What has gotten into you huh?'

' I was treating his wounds until they got better. He suddenly came to me a week ago with wounds dripping with blood all over his body. Plus, he was  in a coma for 3 days. I didn't have the heart to send him away.'

' I know you're in those med stuff but
Krys.... It's dangerous for you to live alone with him. What if he does something bad to you? I won't be able to protect you like I usually do.' he said with concern written all over his face.

I bit my lip and looked down at my lap. Ugh I really hate getting  into these kind of situations with him.

' I'm sorry.... But.. It was kind of nice having him as company. He's really funny and sweet eventhough he's annoying.' I muttered.

Kai held my chin and raised my head to meet his eyes. '  I want him to leave the house as soon as possible.' he said sternly.
I gulped and pursed my lips.

' Okay...... I'll tell him today...'

He smiled, satisfied with my answer and kissed the crown of my head. ' Good girl.'