Chapter 6

¤ Luhan ¤

She laughed heartily and wiped a tear from the corner of her eyes. ' You're such a jest, Sehun. I know I like to the read those kind of things but you don't need to claim to be one just for me to like you.' she let out her final laugh and looked at him with an amused expression. The latter's lips were set into a straight line and his jaw clenched.

' Krystal, I'm not kidding. I am a werewolf. I can shift if you want proof.'

She looked at him dumbfounded, her smile dissappearing slowly. ' You're not.....kidding?'. He shook his head grimly and she froze again.

Sehun loosened his grip around her and he pulled away from her a bit so that he could see her face clearly. ' Hey, are you okay?' he shook her body slightly with a worried expression painted on his face.

I rolled my eyes. Here comes the drama.

The girl was absolutely still, her eyes were wide open and her jaw dropped from the shock. I walked towards and snapped my fingers in front of her eyes.  ' Wake up, drama queen!"

Her eyes blinked rapidly and she shook her head. Sehun held her chin and brought her face near to his. ' You okay?' he asked while his eyes searched for her brown orbs. She averted her gaze away from him and pushed him away. Sehun looked hurt after she did that but he concealed it right away.

' I t-think I'm going to get some fresh air....'
She stuttered while backing away slowly. She left the house in a rush without even properly wearing her coat.

' Wait!' Sehun was about to come after her but I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. ' Let her have some space. This was bound to happen to any human anyway.' I reminded him. He slumped his shoulders from disappointment and buried his face in my chest.

I caress his hair as I tried to comfort him.
' It's okay Sehun. She'll understand.'

------------------------------------------------------------------

¤ Krystal ¤

I ran and went to where my feet brought me. I was at the park near my neighbourhood, the place where I usually played with Kai when we were kids. The place was still the same except for a few additional decorations and benches. I went to sit on a bench under a huge oak tree.

I buried my face in my hands and sighed. My head is a mess right now. I don't know whether I should believe Sehun or not. I know that he was telling the truth. .. But still. . I'm still wary to believe him fully.

I leaned my back to the bench and raised my head to gaze at  the twinkling stars in the night sky and sighed heavily... This is going to be hard.

' Beautiful night, isn't it?'

Eh?

I turned to my right slowly and screamed in horror.

A tall blonde boy had just appeared beside me. Eventhough he was handsome, still suddenly appearing like that gives me the creeps!

The boy smiled warmly. ' Sorry for scaring you. I just wanted to gaze at the stars.'

I nodded awkwardly and scooted further away from him. ' Err... When did you..um..'

' Just a few seconds ago. When your mind was distracted.' he said nonchalantly.

' O... Kay......' I pursed my lips and turned away awkwardly. Weird. I didn't hear his footsteps at all.

' I guess I'll get going then. ' I was about to stand up when he suddenly grabbed my wrist. ' W- wait a second.' A string of unheavenly words escaped from my mouth silently as I turn to him once again.

' Y- yes?' I stuttered while turning to him. His hands was sooo cold and the weather wasn't even freezing. Does the boy have hypothermia or something?!

' Do. .I know you? Because I feel like I've known you before.' he asked with his eyes boring into mine. I gulped. His intense gaze was sending shivers down my spine.

I studied his features and for some odd reason. . The longer I stare at him the more I feel like I've known him before.
Without myself realizing, my hand lifted by itself and was placed hesitantly on his cheek. Looking at him like this.. It's like triggering some memories from my unknown past.

He too studied my face in silence and he let my hand caress his cheek. Suddenly, a faint image of small boy passed by my mind. I widened my eyes. Wait a second, why does he look like......

' You... ' I sat beside him once again and scooted closer to him. The image was getting clearer... The blonde hair. . The sweet goofy smile....

Tears welled in my eyes the longer I stare into his dark brown orbs. I don't know why I'm crying but seeing his face is making my head throb in pain and at the same time, it makes my heart feel a certain kind of sadness of longing and loneliness. The boy frowned in worry and held my face in his hands.

' Why are you crying?' he suddenly panicked.

' No... It's just. .. You remind of someone....' I choked a sob while wiping the tears that escaped from my eyes.

' KRYSTAL!!' the two of us turned towards the voice with a jolt.

Sehun was running towards our direction while Luhan trailed closely behind him. The boy's concerned face immediately turned sour. ' Wolves' I heard him curse silently under his breath.

' What are you doing here Kris? This isn't your territory.' Sehun growled angrily as he halted just a few metres away from where we sat.

Kris rolled his eyes in annoyance and clicked his tongue. ' I'm at the border in between the territories Sehun. So this is not counted as trespassing.' he explained with a bored expression.

Sehun stepped towards us and grabbed me away but at the same time, Kris held my other hand. The two boys sent murdereous glares to each other. I winced in pain as Sehun tightened his grip on my wrist.

' What do you think you're doing?' Sehun said through gritted teeth. ' Let go of her!'

' What about you? Who are you to tell me to let go of her? ' Kris raised his brow while his lip formed a straight line.

' I'm. ... her friend.' he replied slowly. Kris huffed and pulled me closer to him. I squirmed in his enbrace because he was too cold. Like literally, his body did not radiate any sign of heat. ' Really? ' he snorted. ' Since wolves were friends with what your kind usually call it?' he tapped his chin and after a few seconds, snapped his fingers in delight. ' Low life mundane beings.' he gave an evil smirk to Sehun.

' That's not true!' he denied. ' That was.... what my father said... Not me....' his voice slowly turned into murmurs and his shoulders slumped.

Kris chuckled and started to caress my hair lightly. ' Well then, your father must be enraged if he knows you, the son of the alpha is befriending a mundane girl so. .. I guess I'll be taking her then.'

Sehun widened his eyes in surprise. ' You can't!  Let go of her you fucking bloodsucker!' he screamed.

Kris grinned. ' Make me.'