Chapter 27

The sweet ballad that played from her stereo filled her eyes as she stared blankly at the clouds from her private salon. She was alone, finally. Her guards weren't allowed to enter the room and her maidservants were preparing to serve her tea in her room. It was only for a few minutes but still, she was finally away from all the unfamiliar people in the palace. Her fingers wrapped itself around the crystal hanging around her neck. Words from her last encounter with Lay had popped once again in her mind and it was making her restless because she couldn't figure out what Lay had said. What had he actually meant about breaking her heart? And what's going to happen on her birthday?

All of these unanswered questions were making her head throb in pain from thinking so much about it. She sighed and leaned deeper into the sofa. ' Why is everything so complicated? ' she whined to herself.

The soft knock on her door had interrupted her train of thoughts. ' Who is it? ' she asked without turning to the door.

' It's Suho, Crown Prince Yi Fan's advisor.'

' Come in.'

The door flew open, revealing the fair skinned boy handsomely dressed in the usual formal attire for palace officials, a white button down shirt, fit black slacks and a black cape hanging from his neck.
He strode towards her with a smile etched on his face. ' How are you doing, Your Majesty?' he greeted her.

' A bit tired today I guess..' she answered as her eyes followed him until he sat opposite her. ' What's with the sudden visit, Oppa? Aren't you busy with your work?'

' Yeah, I'm quite busy lately. ' he sighed. Krystal studied him and what he said was actually true. The tired look he was wearing and the way his shoulders slumped as if there was a heavy burden in his shoulders really did show he was tiring himself out from work.

The door creaked open again and her maidservant, Lami entered the room while pushing a trolley containing varieties of dessert and a tea set made from china with exquisite intricates of roses. Lami served her mistress's tea on the coffee table in front of where she sat and once done, she turned to her with her head lowered slightly. ' Your Majesty's tea is served.'

Krystal smiled. ' Thank you Lami. ' The latter curtsied to the nobles and exited the room after she was dismissed.

Krystal turned to Suho once again.' How about you join me for tea? Maybe that would help to relieve a little bit of your stress. The maids are serving chamomile tea and some scones this evening. A good choice for relaxing yourself.'

The boy chuckled. ' I'm sorry but I think I have to decline your kind offer this time Your Majesty. '

Krystal pouted. ' Why so? Are you still shy being with me? I thought we were buddies?' she whined.

' Actually, I've come here as a messenger from your dear brother. His Majesty is held up by his work today plus with the visit from his fiancee, he's had a hand full of business to handle. '

Krystal knitted her brows together.
' Well, he could still tell me tomorrow or the day after rather than giving you the trouble to come to the east wing to meet me.Is it that important that I have to know it by today?'

Suho leaned forward in his seat. His sweet face from before had suddenly turned serious. ' Princess, the message is quite important. It's for the sake of your relationship with that beloved wolf of yours. '

The smile on Krystal's face dropped. Silence had immediately followed the two.

' What do you mean... oppa? ' she said, almost choking on her own words.

The boy looked at her with sympathy. He sighed heavily and let out the words from his mouth slowly as if he was regretting it.' It seems ......... that the Council... knows Your Majesty... You're in for a lot of trouble.'

.---------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol inhaled the savoury smell of varieties of street food with all his might.
' Oh tteokbukgi, fish cakes and oh.. my favourite! The kimchi pancakes! ' he squealed in delight as he gazed hungrily at all the food stalls. Sehun laughed and slapped the taller's arm. ' Yah, you're embarassing me. Even those kids are looking weirdly at you.' the blonde pointed at the group of children standing not far away from them.

' Hey, I haven't been out of the mansion for like two weeks. So don't be a party pooper here!' The taller warned but Sehun couldn't take him seriously because he was talking with his mouth full of kimchi pancakes so he looked like a puffer fish without the thorns.

The two friends continued walk leisurely along the streets of Dongdaemun. The place was pretty crowded but Sehun didn't care. He loved being around people. Humans to be exact. It made him feel like he was one of them, like he was normal human living a mundane life but unfortunately, he could never be one. He was born a monster and he could never change that fact.

Chanyeol nudged him and pointed at an accessory store in front of them. ' Yah, isn't your girlfriend's birthday near? ' he asked. Sehun nodded. ' Yeah, why are you asking?'

' That store is kinda popular. You wanna go there and search for her present?'
Sehun shrugged in reply.' Sure, why not?'

The two strode towards the store but suddenly, the appearance of a familiar silhoutte had stopped them in their tracks. The tall figure was standing still among the crowd of people. He was not even bothered when those humans shouldered past him.

' Why is Wu Yi Fan here? This ain't his territory.' Chanyeol growled as he glared murderously at the vampire prince. Sehun squinted his eyes and studied him. The vampire was looking straight at them, no to be exact, straight at Sehun. If he was looking for trouble, he would've worn his usual naughty grin. But this time, he looked too serious and somehow troubled from the way his crimson orbs stared at him.

Sehun started to walk towards Yi Fan but he was pulled back by his friend. ' Yah! What do you think you're doing!? You're already in enough trouble with your dad for your little trip to his palace the last time and now you're going to mess with that bloodsucker?! Do you want to be killed by your father that much!?' Chanyeol shrieked as he shook the latter's body vigorously.

Sehun pulled away from his grasp. ' I'm not gonna fight him! I'm just gonna talk to him!' he exclaimed. Chanyeol frowned and facepalmed. ' Why the fuck would he want to talk to you Oh Sehun!? Isn't he always trying to make your blood boil! '

' I think he's not here for trouble. Chanyeol so stop yapping at me! You're not my mother! ' The blonde shouted in his friend's face and stomped towards the Wu Yi Fan.

Chanyeol bit his lip, trying to contain himself for bursting in front of the crowd and followed his friend towards the person he called his enemy. ' Seriously, Oh Sehun. If you get your ass kicked again by your dad I am just gonna do nothing this time..' he mumbled angrily towards Sehun's back.

Sehun stood in front of Wu Yi Fan but still keeping a safe distance from him just in case if the vampire suddenly lunges at him. ' This is not your territory Kris. Leave the place immediately.' he growled at the latter.

The vampire lowered his hat, covering more of his face and his eyes roamed around the area as if he was wary of something. ' I'm sorry but this is for the sake of my sister's life. ' he said in a hushed tone.

Sehun scowled and went closer to him.
' What do you mean?'

' It's Krystal. Her life is in danger.'