Chapter 10

Okay.... This is the most weirdest thing that has ever happened to Krystal.

Sitting with a group of bloodsuckers was certainly not her idea of spending her evening. She looked back and forth anxiously from Kai to the smirking blonde vampire. The atmosphere was really heavy eventhough they were in McDonalds and were eating Happy Meals ( seriously?).

' What did you want to talk about, Kai? If it's not really important, can I leave? Being around humans is making me really reaaaally thirstly' the blonde said and she caught him looking hungrily at the people for a moment.

Kai's jaw tensed. ' Why were you talking to Krystal? ' he hissed through gritted teeth. Krystal could feel the anger building up inside her childhood friend.

Kris chuckled and his face suddenly changed to annoyance. ' I don't like you're tone. Who do you think you're talking to?' he growled while his crimson eyes glared at the latter. Krystal frowned. Wasn't his irises brown just now?

Kai didn't even cower, instead he leaned forward and bared his fangs at the blonde.

Wait.. ............... What? Krystal stared at Kai once again and her jaw immediately dropped.

' Y- y- you. .. Ff fangssssss ' she stuttered while her finger pointed shakily at his pair of needle like teeth. ' I'll explain later. ' he said without looking at her. ' But right now, I wanna know why was he talking to you.'

' Seriously? Why should I tell you? I'm a prince and you are only a son of a noble. You don't have the right to know what I do.' Kris exclaimed as he rolled his eyes.

' A noble? Prince? What's the meaning of this?' Krystal scowled while one of her hands rubbed her temple.

' Kai, why are you so angry? Kris didn't even do anything to her. Stop being so
angry.' Suho interrupted, trying to ease the tension between the two.

The group suddenly went silent. Kai was still glaring at Kris while the latter was just busy admiring his slender fingers. The others were looking back and forth between the two, waiting anxiously for which one of them to explode first.

' It was only one night,Kai. He didn't do anything.' Baek Hyun broke the silence and started to explain in behalf of Kris.
' He accidentally met her at a park when he sneaked out of the palace the other day'

' Well, how come she flinches everytime he looks at her?'

Baek Hyun glanced nervously at Kris and cleared his throat awkwardly. ' Umm.. About that... He kind of used her to tease the wolves.'

' YOU WHAT?!' Kai stood up with a jolt as he slammed his fists on the table. His sudden burst of anger had earned him a few glances from the other customers.

Kris sighed and rolled his eyes. ' Sit down before you embarrass yourself. ' he ordered and Kai obliged with a grunt. ' I just used my powers in front of her that's all. No need to be a prick. She's just shocked.' he explained with a bored expression.

Kai huffed angrily and tore his gaze away from the group.

Kris placed his chin in his hand and gazed at Kai with a smug smile. ' Hmmm, you're actually the one who needs some serious explaining to do, Kai.' he said to him and glanced at the pale faced Krystal whose mind seemed to be in another place.

Kai shut his eyes and sighed. ' I know.'

------------------------------------------------------------------

Krystal walked towards her home mindlessly with Kai trailing behind her.
The meeting with the vampires had made her a bit rattled in living her life now. Well, who wouldn't? Knowing that are other beings besides you who drinks blood for living scared the shit out of her.

And also, ever since knowing that Kai was a vampire had made her act differently every time he was near her.

Arriving in front of her gate, she turned towards her friend and gave him a wry smile. ' Thank you for sending me home.'

The boy smiled and shrugged. ' What are friends for?' he let out a laugh and was about to reache his hand out to ruffle her hair but halted when he saw her flinch. He pulled his hand back and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. His face clearly showed that he was hurt.

' Sorry. ... ' Krystal apologised while staring down at her feet.

' It's just that.... You being a vampire is... Kind of unimaginable. We've been friends since 5 and you never acted weird so I never suspected anything...' she said sadly without looking at him.

The boy suddenly pulled her to him and embraced her tightly. ' I'm sorry too. I've always wanted to tell you but I was scared that you'd freak out and you would hate me after that.' he said.

The boy loosened his grip on her and stared into her eyes. 'Will you forgive me?'

The girl nodded slightly and the boy immediately pulled her to his body once again. He kissed the crown of her head repeatedly and thanked her for accepting him as his real true self.

She smiled. ' Can't believe I'm friends with a vampire.'

' Can't believe that my best friend is a human.' They both laughed and said their good byes for the day.