Chapter 8

Sehun sat on the edge of the bed beside the sleeping girl. He studied her peaceful face as she slept.

She looked so serene to him. Her soft blonde curls were spread neatly under her. The soft blush on her fair cheeks made her look really cute and adorable.

But then, his eyes stopped on her lips.
The tips of her lips were a little upturned so it seemed like she was smiling in her sleep. Her full pink lips looked soft and very kissable to him. He traced his finger slowly along the line of her bottom lip.

He froze.

What the hell was he doing to her right now?

Suddenly, the door creaked open, startling the boy. He pulled his hand away from the from the girl instantly and averted his gaze away from her distracting lips.

Luhan's head peered into the room.
' Hey, is she asleep? '

Sehun cleared his throat before he talked, trying to clear the awkwardness surrounding him. ' Yeah. She fell asleep a few minutes ago.'

' Oh, okay.' Luhan nodded.

' Umm, Sehun? '

' Yeah?'

' Can we talk outside?'

Sehun nodded and followed his brother to the living room. They both sat across each other.

' So what's up? ' Sehun asked.

' Father has ordered you to come home.' Luhan said softly.

The blonde raised his eye brow.

' Return to the pack house?' he said sounding baffled.

Luhan set his lips into a straight line and nodded.

Sehun leaned into the sofa and folded his arms around his broad chest.

' When?'

' He wants you to return by tonight before midnight.'

Sehun sighed heavily.

' What about Krystal? I can't just leave her here unprotected. She has my scent all over her. Our enemies would be able to smell her.'

' Your scent would eventually fade when you leave her. Eventhough it takes quite awhile. She should be fine.' Luhan tried to convince his brother but he himself was not sure.

Sehun glared at him.

' Did you just see what just happened an hour ago! She was almost bit by Les Immortales! ' He shouted.

Luhan slammed his fists on the coffee table and leaned forward to his brother.

' FOR GOD'S SAKE, IT'S A FULL MOON TOMORROW NIGHT SEHUN! EVEN WITH YOU HERE, IT'S NOT SAFE FOR HER! '

Sehun's boiling anger died down. He ruffled his hair in dismay and let out a string of curses.

He seriously forgot about the full moon. It means he has to shift at midnight in the forest behind the pack house with the others in his pack.

If he were to stay here, Krystal could've been his supper for the night.

Sehun facepalmed.

' Fine.' he snapped.

Luhan smiled. ' We'll be leaving now.'

Luhan stood up and was about to exit the front door when he noticed Sehun didn't move from his seat.

He noticed the blonde was looking towards the second floor, where Krystal was sleeping soundly in her room.

' Sehun? Come on. We'll be late'

' Can you just wait for a minute? I need to do something. ' Sehun instantly stood up from his seat and dissappeared in a blink of an eye because of his wolf speed.

Upstairs, Sehun was gazing on Krystal's sleeping face. He trailed his fingers along her jaw and slowly he leaned towards her ear.

' I'm sorry that I had to leave you.' he whispered sadly.

Before heading towards his brother, he gave her a peck on her forehead.

Luhan was tapping his feet anxiously when he returned to his side.

' Are you done yet?'

He nodded grimly

Luhan rolled his eyes. ' Let's go.'

Before they left, he gave a quick glance towards her room.

' I'm sorry' he mouthed.

With that, they left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Krystal groaned.

The moment she woke up, she instantly felt a jolt of pain in her head.

She rubbed her temples and sat up slowly in her bed.

She glanced at her alarm clock and her eyes widened.

' Shit! I'm late!'

She got out of bed hastily, leaving her duvet falling to the floor. She took a quick shower and wore her uniform in an instant. She went to the kitchen and grabbed a slice of bread.

She was about to exit the house when she suddenly halted.

' Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?' she scratched her head as she pondered.

After a moment, a thought finally crossed her still groggy mind.

She snapped her slender fingers and turned towards the guest room.

' Sehun!'

She strode towards the room and opened the door without knocking.

Her heart instantly fell.

He wasn't in his room.

The bed was already made and his shoes were not on the rack.

She walked into the room slowly.

She spotted a piece of paper on the bedside table. She immediately grabbed it and read the contents.

The paper fell to the floor the moment she finished reading.

Tears welled in her eyes as she buried her face in her hands.

The last sentence in the paper kept repeating itself in her mind.

I can't be your friend anymore.

She fell to the floor, crying silently.

' He's gone. He's really gone.'

Mind blownजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें