Chapter 11

¤ Chanyeol ¤

I think something's wrong with Sehun.

I squinted eyes and studied him while he immersed himself with some paperwork given by the Alpha.

He's been awfully quiet since he came back a month ago and he rarely plays with myself and the others too. On top of that, he kept spacing out lately. Always looking blank and lonely for some reason. I asked Luhan about him but he just shook his head and left me hanging without a clue.

I pouted and frowned. Hmmm... The curiosity is killing me. Maybe I should just ask him.

' Hey Sehun.' I cleared my throat before calling him.

' Yeah? ' his eyes and hands focused on the paperwork while he replied.

' Did something happen when you were in Seoul?'

Sehun's hand froze and for a moment, his face seemed pained by mentioning Seoul. 
But he shook his head and continued on finishing his paperwork.

Chanyeol grinned in his mind. Caught ya.

' Nothing much. Just a few fights and brawls.' he replied vaguely.

' Didn't meet anyone else? ... ' I waited for his reaction. ' A " girl " maybe?' I leaned towards him.

He was silent for a moment and he raised his head to meet my eyes.

' What are you trying to get from me?' he scowled and squinted his eyes. ' Nothing much ' I shrug and leaned back to the chair. ' Just wanted to know why you're so passive lately.'

He cocked his head to the side. ' I've been passive? '

' Yeah. Everybody's worried 'bout you. Especially me. I asked Luhan but he didn't know.'

Sehun huffed. ' didn't know my ass. ' he snorted softly but I heard him say it clearly.

' Come on tell me bro. Give your friend some love here.' I whined while I pouted my lips.

Sehun ruffled his hair and placed down his pen on the desk. ' Just a human girl. I lived with her for a few weeks until Luhan came to find me.' he said sadly.

' How was she like? Was she pretty? '

He chuckled softly. ' She's more than just pretty, Yeol.' he said dreamily while his eyes looked far away. ' The moment I set my eyes on her, my heart started to beat like crazy. I don't know why but for some reason, I knew that she was mine and I couldn't bare to be apart from her even for a second. '

Wait, why do I feel like I've heard this kind of story before?

I widened my eyes in surprise as soon as I remembered and slammed my fists on the desk making him jump in his seat.' Dude! You gotta be kidding me!?'

He frowned and looked at me weirdly.
' What? ' he asked, surprised.

' That's what you feel when you meet your mate you dumbass!' I exclaimed. Eventhough, I've never met my mate before but I'v listened to the other hyung's stories. What Sehun felt was the exact same feeling with what the hyungs felt when they found their mates.

Sehun went completely still with his jaw almost dropping to the ground. ' Oh my god Sehun! I know that you rarely hang out with girls but I didn't know that you were this dense! ' I facepalmed and groaned im frustration.

Sehun leaned towards me. ' How do you know? You haven't met yours yet.'

' The hyungs told me.' I sighed.

' Wow...' he breathed. ' But she's just a human girl. '

I rolled my eyes and sent him a glare. ' You could just turn her.'

' Yeah.... Forgot about that.'

' Come on! Let's go back to Seoul and find her!' I chirped while jumping in my seat.

' We have to tell the Alpha first.' Sehun reminded me.

' He won't forbid you to find your mate Sehun. Does he want the future Beta to be a loner or what.' I said sarcastically.

Sehun chuckled. ' Come on. Let's go tell the Alpha.' he smiled. He was about to leave the room when I stopped him.

' But first, can't we go to the bubble tea shop first? ' I asked hesitantly while I did my puppy eyes.

Sehun rolled his eyes jokingly and laughed. ' Fine. We'll go there first.' I clapped my hands happily and followed him to the Alpha's office.

------------------------------------------------------------------

¤ Kris ¤

I wandered silently inside the palace library around the hidden corners where people usually avoid from going. The smell of old leather bound books filled my nose and the dust swiveled around the air as I moved.

I usually come to the library for lessons with my tutors but today was not for lessons. Today, I wanted to confirm something that I overheard my mother and father were discussing about.

I went towards the rack that kept my family's history. I traced my slender fingers along the rack while eyes read searched for the book that was from 17 years ago. 

Finally, I found the book at the end of the rack, hidden behind a row of other ancient books. I took out the book, blew away the inches of dust that covered the book and brought to my room.

I placed it on my desk and I studied the cover in silence.

' The Wu Family Line From The Year 19XX '
I read it softly and hesitantly opened the book.

At first, everything I read was the same as how my mother usually told me but then after flipping a few more pages, I suddenly found a picture of my family taken in that year.

I studied the picture and was startled to see a newborn baby wrapped in a gold cloth was held in my mother's embrace. I frowned. Only babies born by the queen were allowed to use a golden cloth.

Wait a second.....  This must mean the thing that I heard last night. ....

I flipped through a few more pages and stopped when I found the family geneology for that year.

' Oh my god.... This can't be true.... ' my finger was pointed towards one name written on the page. The name where not even one person in the society had ever said or whisper.

I stood up with a jolt and left my room in a haste, bringing along the book and the picture with me to my mother's chamber.

The queen needs some serious explaining to do.