Chapter 17

¤ Tao ¤

' Hyung.' I called Suho.

' What is it Tao?' He asked as we continued walking towards room 365, Krystal's ward room with some take away chinese food in our hands.

' Do you believe that she is his sister?'

He sighed. ' We can only trust what he says. Besides, Kai even knows about her from the start and the Elders and the Queen are also involved in this. So I guess it is true.' he said with a knowing shrug but his face seemed to be hesitant about it.

' Well, they do look alike though. She kinda inherits the signature platimum blonde hair from the Queen just like Kris.' I continued to say.

Both us stopped in front of the room as we arrived and when we pushed open the door, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

I entered the room and my eyes widened in disbelief.

Kris.... The so - called cold city guy was actually. ..

Laughing?

This must be an illusion.

Don't get me wrong but Kris never laughs
' heartily '. Get what I mean?

He would only snicker or laugh sarcastically. Like seriously.

Even I, his bestfriend for 10 years has never made him laugh.

I turned to Suho and he too was
shell-shocked seeing him laughing so easily.

Finally noticing that we were in the room, Kris called out to us.

' Tao! Suho! You guys are finally here! Gosh you guys were taking years in buying food. Mine and Krys stomach were already growling so loud! ' he let out the last bits of his laughter and turned to Krystal. ' Aren't I'm right, Krys?'

Krystal nodded with a wide smile plastered on her face.

' Krys? ' I cocked my head to the side.

' It's the nickname that Kai gave her because her name was too long. ' he exlplained.

OMG, her nickname was Krys too?!

And the way Kris's eyes shine when he looked at her. He looked really happy. Like all these years of being cold to people were gone in a blink of an eye.

' Tao! Come on! Let's eat! I'm starving! '

I snapped out of my thoughts and placed the food on the foldable table that we brought at front of her bed. All of us settled around the table and I served them the food we bought.

As we ate, I glanced at the newly found princess and her brother. Both seemed to be in a very good mood and they looked like they really enjoy being in each other's company. Suho also seemed to like her too.

I sighed silently in my mind.

I guess I'll have to start liking her too because it seems like Krystal is going to stay with us for a long time.

------------------------------------------------------------------

¤ Sehun ¤

I stared at the sceneric view of my snow coated garden silently from my bedroom window.

After waking up a few days ago, I feel like I've forgotten a really important event that happened before I was comatosed. Everytime I asked Luhan what happened before I was knocked out, he wouldn't answer and would only tell me to rest. But my questions were all answered after the visit of two uninvited guests to my bedroom last night.

Kai and Baekhyun materialized halfway into my room so that the other wolves wouldn't sense their presence. They woke me up and told me that Krystal, my destined mate was now dead because of me. After hearing them, I immediately broke into tears and the two vamps disappeared without a trace. As I cried last night, all my memories of what happened finally came back to me and I wailed as the fact that the reason that she was killed was really because of me.

I placed my hand on top of my chest and clenched at my broken heart. Tears welled in my eyes once again as the memory of her face appeared in my mind. I closed my eyes and cried in grief once again.

The sound of a few plates crashing to the floor made me jerk my head towards the door.

' You finally remembered didn't you?' Luhan asked, his face looked aghast and ghostly pale.

I nodded grimly and instantly, he rushed to my side and embraced me tightly in his arms. ' It's okay, Hun. Just let it all out.' he hushed me and stroked my hair.

' It was my fault she died.' I cried into his neck.

' All my fault.'

------------------------------------------------------------------

¤ Krystal ¤

As soon as I exited the hospital, I let out a sigh of relief and shouted to the clear blue sky ' I'm finally free!!'.

The others behind me laughed from my act. ' Being in the hospital sucks ain't it? ' Kai grinned as he slung his on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes. ' Ugh, the hospital reeks of blood. Makes me feel thirsty all the time. ' I whined.

Kai stopped walking and frowned. ' Then how did you control your thirst? You're a newborn. You're supposed to go maniac over the smell of blood.'

' Uhh... Kris kinda gave me his blood every night.' I said softly and faked a cough.

He raised his brow and looked at me skeptically. ' Already that close huh?'

' Shut up.' I snapped and slapped his arm.
' Anyways, where are you guys bringing me? You said you wanted to celebrate me my recovery and for being a newborn?' I asked, changing the subject.

Kai glanced at Kris and his smile faltered slightly.

' You should just wait and see.'