Taking Risks

It's been a week since Baekhyun went back. It has become a little dull than the past week.

Although I can't see him physically, he never failed to contact me every day. I don't exactly know what to assume but I'm happy for what he is doing for me.

Today is the 3rd day. I've been going back and forth to Seoul searching for my mother. I realized when I read her letter that she really cares for me and she is scared for me. I completely understand that.

There is no use waiting inside the house. I realized that it's better for me to search for her even if I have to look all over South Korea and even North Korea if I have to.

Although there were still no signs of her in the past 2 days, I still believe I'll find her soon, and this place is the perfect place to start. The place where she met dad.

"Angel, someone is at the door, could you please go get it?" Nana said as I was tying my rubber shoes.

I never really had any friends around here except for Baekhyun and Chanyeol and now they're gone. Who could it be?

"Who is it?" I shouted as I headed to the door

I opened the door and a girl who is wearing a thick jacket with a scarf covering her face was standing there shivering.

"Ahh. Hi. Can I help you?" I asked but she was not answering "Are you okay? Are you cold? Do you want to come inside?"

"Please! Damn it this place is cold." she answered as she made her way inside.

I laughed as I followed her. Only one person comes inside my house or my room without asking for permission.

"I can't believe this. Why are you here May?" I said as I stand at the doorway completely and utterly surprised to see my bestfriend in a foreign land randomly.

"It's because you said something stupid a week ago remember? So I came here to punch you" She said and I can't help but laugh at her "Gods this place is difficult to find."

"You could have just called me like a normal human being. I could have come to the airport to get you"

"Then that won't be a surprise anymore, would it?"

"You know I hate surprises. But I guess this is fine" I walked to her and hugged her. Oh how I missed this girl.

"So how has my Angel been?" I pulled her to the living room and let her sit on the couch.

"Fine. Maybe a little more inspired than usual."

"And who would be the reason behind that? Are you not telling me something?"

"I haven't told you about a lot of things that happened in the past week."

She shook her head vigorously. "I knew it. I knew my gut feeling was right. I'm glad I made the decision to come here. Spill everything out!" She ordered.

I laughed. "I'll tell you later. I have plans today. Why did you really come here for?"

"I have business engagements that I have to attend to and it will take time" she said. "You're probably already bored just hearing that so I'm not going to elaborate anymore."

I dramatically sighed in relief and mouthed a 'thank God'.

She threw a pillow at me laughing.

"So where are we going today?" she asked as she looked at me from head to toe.

"I'm going to look for mom."

She nodded "Alright, lend me a thicker jacket and let's go!"

---