The last day

I don’t

I don’t

I don’t

It’s been hours, but her answer still can’t get out of my head. She doesn’t like me.

Why do I care so much?

"Why do you keep moving Byun Baek? Its irritating” Chanyeol sat up from his bed with an annoyed look on his face. “I know you are upset but you have to sleep, its 12 and we have to meet Suho hyung tomorrow. You wouldn’t want him to see you with a long face and eye bags”

“I’m trying. Just go to sleep. Don’t mind me” I waved my hand off.

“Easier said than done”

“I’m sorry”

He let out a breath and turned to me. “I know it's my fault and I'm sorry for asking her that question"

"It's fine.You just caught me off guard, I didn't know you would ask her that"

"Hyung, you and I knew if I let her choose she will choose you. I just wanted to know if she feels the same way you feel about her”

“What are you talking about?” I asked curiously.

“I can feel like you like her, and I thought she did too. I might have thought wrong”

“Maybe because she really doesn't”

“Or maybe because she already likes someone else”

“Yeah, maybe she does” I sighed in defeat unconsciously confused of what I truly feel for her.

Angel is like a fan although she wouldn’t want to be called that. I am an artist, a singer. The two of us meeting and becoming friends is much like a dream for me and I know it is for her too. It’s nearly impossible but it happened.

I forgot that she had a life before meeting me, before all of these. I forgot to consider that maybe she already has someone back there protecting her. There may already be someone she likes.

And I would just be this voice that she’ll run to when it all crumbles down again.

Only a voice

“Let’s sleep hyung” Chanyeol said and I nodded.

I forced my eyes shut and stopped thinking about everything.

---

“Good morning dear” My mother smiled at me as I made my way to the kitchen.

“Good morning mom. That smells nice.” I sat by the table in front of her and watched her cook. I missed this sight.

“Your favorite, egg rolls and some hot seaweed soup. Go wake Chanyeol up and you two eat your breakfast”

“Let him be. He’ll wake up when he does”

“I thought you two had somewhere to go today?”

“Yeah. Suho hyung wants to meet with us. Leader thing. How’d you know mom?”

“Chanyeol told me yesterday.”

“Looks like you two are already bestfriends. I’m jealous” I dropped my head in the table jokingly

“Your friend is a really cool kid. I’m glad you have someone like him back at your dorm. I bet there are no dull days with him.”

“Actually, they are lucky to have me there. I’ve got your talent to share.”