Never hold back

• Dedicated to Jamiene Cardenas

“Oh my God. Baekhyun oppa!”

I got startled at the high-pitched voice I heard behind me. I turned my head to look and saw a tall, lean girl wearing a sunny yellow dress holding sunglasses. She looks like a sunflower.

She’s beautiful. Who is she?

“Is that really you?” She took several steps until she was beside Baekhyun. She was examining his face like how a pawnshop owner looks closely at a diamond to make sure it’s real.

I looked at Baekhyun and I almost wanted to laugh at his expression but I held it. He was sweating and he looked so uneasy.

“Oh my God, it is you! You’ve changed a lot!” She took a step back and made her way to the seat across him “Excuse me” she uttered and I moved aside.

She kept on staring at Baekhyun for I don’t know how long. Beats me why he’s suddenly so quiet right now. Both would still not talk.

Again, who is she?

“Excuse me. Can I get my food” I asked the girl as I tried to take the plate in front of her.

“Oh yes. Of course. I’m sorry” she slid the plate to me then she stared at Baekhyun again like he's going to vanish any second.

I started to eat again as I let the two continue their game of ‘How silent can we go’.

“Ok fine.. Jam.. stop looking already!” Baekhyun suddenly said and I looked at him and he was red as a tomato. She just made him blush.

“For a second, I thought you already forgot how to speak. You were never speechless before.” She leans towards the table with her elbows and places her head on her hands. "You've really changed. You've gotten more handsome" she pouted

She’s really really beautiful and she's making me uncounsciously count the number of flaws that I have.

"I didn't change at all. I'm still me"

"What? You just didn't speak because you're choosing who to speak to now?"

I didn't fail to notice how casual she speaks with him. It's like they have known each other all their life.

“I was just shocked to see you here.” Baek said.

“Isn’t that supposed to be my line? I am surprised to see you here. Did yet get kicked out of EXO?”

“Vacation. But I’m going back tomorrow”

“Too soon?” She whined as she looked at her watch “Well it’s 1 pm we still have about 7 hours to hangout. My curfew is 8.”

I choked at what she said. I took the juice and gulped it down.

“Angel, are you okay?” Baekhyun leaned towards me suddenly remembering that I was still here.

“I’m fine. I’m fine. Just eating too fast. You two just keep talking” I tried to hide the sadness in my voice but I must have failed because Baekhyun's face suddenly grimmed.

“Oh. I forgot someone was here. That’s too insensitive of me” She turned to look at me. “Hi. I’m Lee Yerin.  But you can call me Jam. I know it’s too far from my real name, but I grew up with it. And you are?” she asked.

“I’m Angel Hughes. It’s nice to meet you Jam.” I smiled.

“So you two?” she asked as she was pointing at me and Baek.

“Friends. We’re just having lunch.” I immediately answered. Somehow I feel like I shouldn't get to this girl's bad side.

“Of course you are. That wasn’t even supposed to be a question. Silly me”