Stupidity at its finest

~~~

He was right there in front of me. Just a few more people and I’d be facing him. I would tell him everything of what I could for the small time I’d be able to. I would smile at him and tell him my name.

I would ask him for the first time and probably the last time ‘Please say my name. Just this once’.

I made him a letter, a few words that would have summarized about everything. I wish I had the time to give it to him. If I would just have been given the chance to face him, I would have been very happy.

~~~

“I’m Byun Baekhyun” he smiled at me “It’s nice to meet you --- Angel”

That guy that I have been looking forward to see for a very long time is right here in front of my eyes, smiling, offering his hand and he knows my name. To top all of that, I almost branded him a murderer and a witch.

How does he know my name?

What am I doing?

If it would have been back then, I would have faced him normally with excitement but composed because I would have been expecting it.

Its night time, I’m in Korea in an unknown place with a guy who I’d never expected to be and we’re alone. I’m hyperventilating. I should be happy but I don’t know why I feel this way. I am completely dumbfounded that I did what any non-normal person would have done when they are facing someone extremely important to them.

I.. ran away.

I sprinted away from him. I didn’t even know I could run this fast. I don’t even know where I’m going. I was hearing footsteps following me but my feet just won’t allow me to stop. I don’t really know how to face him. I feel stupid.

I continued running until my feet won’t move anymore.

I lost him.

What happened?

Why did I do that?

I made sure no one was following me anymore, and I walked home. I can’t catch my breath.

I slapped myself thinking it was a dream. I mean, why the hell will the universe play this silly joke of me meeting the most influential person in my life in a different country at a very secluded place?

Scratch that. That's not even a joke. I must have done something heroic in my past life to deserve that. Its too surreal it had to be a dream.

But I didn't wake up.

I took out my phone and dialed May's number immediately and after a few ring she answered it.

“Hey, what’s up?” May said, completely unsurprised.

“Were you expecting my call?”

“No, but I just had a feeling."

"Because?" I asked

"You know, I have this Angel censor that just tingles when I'm about to either see you, talk to you or when you're about to piss me off."

"Then your censor must really work. Because I'm going to piss the hell out of you today"

"Nothing can piss me off more than having you decline hundreds of times my invitation of joining the performing arts club in high school”

“I'm pretty sure what I am about to say is going to make you so pissed at me you're probably going to come here and slap me.”