Back Home

“Wow." Chanyeol blew a surprised breath. "Just wow!. Can you believe it? 3 years of straight work. No decent sleep, no proper rest. Who knew they were capable of making this happen?" He kept uttering.

Chanyeol has been talking a lot since Manager hyung told us we're gonna have a 2 weeks vacation. And I had to endure all his talking alone since I share the room with him.

Honestly, it was really surprising. Never in our wildest imagination would we think we'd have this kind of opportunity.

"You deserve it all. Everything we had you do turned to be more successful than our expectations so we decided to give you a little reward." I almost cried at manager hyung's speech.

I’m actually really excited too. Who wouldn't be though. I’ll get to see my family again after a very long time, I really miss them, especially my mom. I am really close to my mom because she's also very jolly just like me. I think I got it from her. She's the joker of the family. That’s actually one of the disadvantages of being popular, you have to be separated from your family but you have to endure it because you’re doing it not only for your dream but for them.

“I want to go out of country with them once we head back. What do you think Baek?” Chanyeol asked me. That was actually not a bad idea. Two weeks is long.

“I think that will be nice.” I answered him

“New York maybe? Or the Philippines? I'd love to stay at a beach resort in the Philippines. That would probably be the most relaxing place."

Philippines. The picture of the crying girl came accross my mind once again. I kept her letter and sometimes I find myself reading it over and over again. It still bugged me. If I only had a way to contact her I would have done it.

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun, are you listening?" Chanyeol threw a pillow at me. I threw it back at him which he easily caught.

"The Philippines is a good choice." I answered.

“Right? Should I book tickets now? Or should I search for a good place first?"

"I think you should tell your family first" I laughed.

"Oh, yeah" he chuckled. "I better call them to tell them.” He said as he took his phone and excitedly marched and headed outside.

Should I call them too? Nah, I’d better surprise them. I think they’d be shocked to see me out of the blue. I’ll bring them home food and stuff. I giggled like a teenager in love. My family loves to be surprised and to top that they are easily surprised. I used to buy them their favorite food before when I come back home after training and they would thank me for it until we got to sleep. It’s been months, I think they better get ready for the biggest surprise.

BRAAAG.

My thoughts were disrupted when the door was closed loudly and the giraffe came in with a long face.

“Yaaah, what’s with the face?” I asked him

“I can’t believe this” he answered on a soft voice like he is about to cry.

“Yah Park Chanyeol what happened? Are you okay?”

“No.”

“Talk to me!”

“They.. they..”

“They what?”

“They went out of the country yesterday!” he half shouted. "How could I have forgotten? They've been telling me about this trip for months."

"So? Go follow them." I uttered.

"I don't think the management would allow me to fly alone." He sighed. I immediately understood what he was saying. Kris hyung once flew back to China alone in secret. Sadly, he was too famous not to get recognized and he was mobbed. He could have been seriously hurt if not for the fast response of the airport security. Since then, no one was allowed to go anywhere alone.