One Heart

a/n.

So I visited my english teacher in High School at the school while they were cleaning. We started going through papers from before and she found the story I wrote before that she gave me a 95% grade. hahaha. Just wanted to share with you guys. I edited it though (my writing 4 years ago was kinda crappy. hahaha)

Here we go :D

I took one last glance at her tear-stricken face, her brown eyes tinted with pain and fear as she held my face after holding me in her arms for what seemed like a lifetime.

I feel the tremble of her hands in my face, no hint of wanting to let go, not even wanting to look away from my eyes. I feel the   amount of will she forced out of herself to do what she was about to do.

Tears had started to fall down my eyes as I feel the warmth of her hands slowly fading away from my cheeks. I tried to reach out for her but it seemed like every step I take towards her, the more she disappears in front of me.

"Mommy, don't go!" I cried.

She turned around one more time and in that few seconds I see how much she has been broken and shattered before she left.

I badly wanted to hold her once again, to make that fear disappear in her eyes, to turn that grimace into her beautiful smile, to glue up her shattered heart. I badly wanted to tell her the words she needed to hear, that she wasn't alone, that I would be by her side, and that I will help her heal.

My feet dragged me out the door to the cold, dark and empty highway constantly turning my head to find her. I ran in every direction, searched in every corner and called out for her at the top of my lungs every chance I get.

There was no sign of her.

I feel my heart crumple down in sorrow of losing the best person I have in my life. I see my world crash down beneath me as I realize that I will never get to see my mother again. I wasn't able to stop her.

I saw her suffer and take all the pain by herself because of my father and I wasn't even able to do a thing to help her.

I let my tears fall down freely in my cheeks like how I let hope drain down my soul. Regrets slowly started piling up in my chest.

What if?

 I could have..

 I should have..

 Questions started to engulf my consciousness as I feel myself being dragged away by my feet to nowhere. I see nothing, I feel nothing, but I hear the sullen beating of my heart as it continuously repeats itself to me telling me that I could have done something.

If only I was able to hear the first crack in her heart, I could have healed her before it was completely torn apart

Amidst the dark surroundings, a bright light had suddenly appeared out of nowhere. There was too much going on in my mind for me to decipher what it was. The last thing I remember was excruciating pain all over my body until it slowly became numb before everything went black all over again.

***

Four years ago, when my mom left me and my dad, I had a serious accident when I went out looking for her that had me in a coma for a few months.