31.good must meet an end

"Okay bup, lets go." He takes my hand and we start to make our way home. I find myself smiling widely and I swing our hands back and forth. My head seeming to be spinning.

"Oh my gosh, I can't stop smiling." I say, now linking arms with him. My heart seems to flutter just as fast as the butterflies in my stomach.

"Neither can I." He lightly laughs, nudging me gently with his shoulder. "I got so nervous and frantic, sorry if what I said was really cheesy." He says looking down to his feet, his cheeks pinkening under the light of the pale moon.

"Ethan it was perfect." I stand up on my tip toes and kiss his before proceeding the walk along the cement sidewalk. We continue to walk and I find myself getting light headed, more so than before. My stomach starts to twist and turn, cramping up tightly.

Along with my cramping stomach, I grab my already spinning head as it starts to throb. I start to panic but know it won't do me good. The damage has already started its process, there's no stopping this now.

I stop along the path for a moment and Ethan looks over to me, a look of terror on his face as he looks down at me. I don't want him to see me like this, not after what happened back at the park. Not after I felt as if we had the world to ourselves. Not after I thought this was going to be forever. I start to cough, my breathing sounding wheezy. I cough covering my mouth with my hand. I let go of Ethan and put my free hand on his chest, signaling for him to keep his distance.

I rasp out another cough and taste the warm copper in the back of my throat. My mind goes blank as everything starts to shut down, my legs feel like jelly. As seconds pass, the nauseous feeling grows. I pull my hand away from my face, knowing my palm is covered in blood.

"Oh my god Vic." Hear Ethan say. I look up to him before my eyes roll to the back of my head and my body goes limp. "VIC! NO PLEASE STAY WITH ME!" His voice was distant, nothing but a faint whisper of a lost soul.

my poor sweet Ethan didn't know that tumor had returned. he didn't know that the surgery I'd gone through had done nothing but prolong my well awaited death. all he knew is that he needed to help me. but that's all Ethan every wanted to do, was help me. 'every love story is beautiful' and I guess, in a sense, that is true. our story is beautiful, but so very ugly at the same time. a dying girl fell for a boy who was truly living to its purest form. the girl was not only dying, but suffering. and that boy helped her find who she really was. that boy helped her cope, and find happiness in her rotting world. though Victoria would soon be forgotten in the hearts of many, Ethan would never forget that she lived. that Victoria was alive, she thrived, and she was the beauty that the world needed. she was the beauty that the world lost when a tumor found its way to her lungs, the lungs that we filled with her gracious breathes.

but everything good must come to an end.