5.trouble

Hours after my session with Ethan I find myself laying flat out on my bed, smiling into the ceiling like a fool. I get lost in my thoughts, my dreams. Ethan is the first person to treat me like a real person. The people that I see on a day to day basis look at me like I'm some sort of pitiful, helpless, wounded animal.

But not Ethan. When I told him 'it's boring in here' he responded in a way that I could fix it. Any doctor or nurse would immediately have me moved to somewhere with a better view and maybe bring me in an extra juice in the morning. Ethan also knew how to make me laugh, smile, and feel happy; a good laugh from me is truly a challenge to get.

His joke about them taking away my pudding makes my chuckle to myself whenever I think of it. His smile and his laugh are things that I now hold onto, because no one ever truly laughs and smiles with me. They all give me that half-ass sympathetic smile, their eyes always squinted underneath their furrowed brows.

When I remember it's only been on day with Ethan, I get excited for the future. I can only imagine and plan out what the days to come have in store for me. Examples: Painting and getting trouble. Those are what I mainly look forward to. Trouble has always been an adrenaline pumper for me. I'm not saying I was a bad kid when I was in school. But if one thing that will for sure go down as valid is that I never got caught. Im 'sneak and smart as fuck' says Quinn, one of my closest friends.

With Ethan I get a troublesome vibe. No the vibe that say 'get away he's dangerous', more like 'he seems fun and outgoing'. I like having that energy around me. He seems like he wouldn't mind getting in trouble, I'm sure he'd find a way to charm his way out of it. I wonder what it's like, getting in trouble...

So maybe this time, just maybe, I'll let myself get caught.

A/N I promise this is the last short chapter you guys will be seeing! I needed to put up so,etching to keep you guys happy so enjoy this for now! A long ass chapter is in the near future!