19.adore you

"Daddy?" I cover my mouth with my shaking hand and squeeze my eyes shut. Since the moment I first got locked away from my father, I've always been afraid that he's completely done with having me in his life. Hearing his voice, his sweet familiar voice, it brings tears to my eyes.

"Are you alright?" He asks, concern laced into his raspy voice.

"Ya." I pull myself together, only to have my breathing hitch. My sobs muffled by my hand. "Ya, I'm alright. I'm just a bit lost right now." I nod even though he can't see me, inhaling deeply to a subtle pain in my side.

"Oh Victoria." From the sound of his voice I can tell his lips are pressed together. "You're going to be just fine. I know it." He assures me, the confidence in his voice makes me feels hopeful.

"You think so?" I ask, a small smile appearing in my chapped lips.

"I know so, because you're are strong, beautiful, caring, and one of the best people to ever walk the planet. And people like that don't just slip away." He says. My smile grows wider.

"I miss you." I say, secretly praying that he misses me too.

"Honey, I miss you more than anything. I would give the world to have you in my arms right now." I quietly laugh, happy to know he didn't just walk away and give up on me.

"You could come see me." I offer, the line going silent for a moment.

"I would love to." He responds.

"You know where I am right?" I ask, unsure if my mom ever filled him in on everything.

"Of course I do. I drive past you everyday after work." I can imagine him smiling. I can imagine him being happy again.

"You do?" I ask, my voice breaking down at the thought that he is so close physically, yet so far away from me, he's out of my reach. He's the goodie jar on top of the refrigerator and I'm the young child, desperate to have a cookie.

"Yep, everyday I drive past and wonder what you could be doin in there." He sniffles.

"You should come in someday." I suggests, wanting to see him more than anything.

"You know what, I will." He says, like there is something holding him back.

"Why haven't you come to see me yet?" I ask.

"Your mother was afraid I was going to fill your head with false accusations." He says with a sigh. I lightly laugh, I miss my fathers sarcastic comments and cheesy jokes.

"Well she's not around much." I nod to myself and swallow hard.

"I'm sorry sweatheart. You don't deserve that." He says, silence fills the air before he speaks again saying, "I will stop by tomorrow after work, okay?" I smile and bob my head up and down.

"That would be great." I laugh, remembering he can't see when I nod.

"Alright then sweatheart, I'll see you tomorrow. I got to go to work now." Just by listening to his tone, I can tell he's smiling.

"Got it, be safe." I say softly.

"Love you." He says.

"Love you too." I respond before hanging up the phone. And just I did, Ethan walked through my door.

"Damn perfect timing cutie." I say, laughing slightly. Ethan smiles and walks right up to me, hugging me tight before laying down right next to me, with me still entangled in his arms. The closeness of our faces making a rose color rise onto my cheeks.

Ethan sighs and smiles widely, his hot breath upon my lips. His hands wrapped around my back. One of my legs tucked between his, everything feeling right. Like everything in my life has led me up to this, and this was destined to happen.

"Hey, what up?" I ask, he never just does this. So he's either a lonely teenage boy, or there's something wrong. My heart rate increases at the possibility that something could be wrong.

"Nothing, I just missed you." He closes his eyes and shifts his body so he's closer to me. I laugh lightly at his goof smile, taking in every detail of his face while I can.

"Ethan it has been one day." I laugh. Ethan moves even closer, nestling his face into the crook of my neck. My breathing hitches for a second before I let myself melt into him.

"I can't get enough." His lips move against my neck to say, his words slightly muffled.

"I talked to my dad today." I say, the change of subject random, but I talk to him about everything and I'd like for him to know. He lifts his head from my neck with a big smile and his eyebrows lifted.

"You did?" He asks.

"Yep, he's stopping by tomorrow." I nod, a smile creeping onto my face, his excitement growing.

"Vic that's brilliant." I laughs, his gleaming eyes glance down to my lips then back up to my eyes. "I'm happy for y-" I shake my head ever so slightly and press my lips to his, holding the kiss before pulling back to make sure nothing crazy would happen, I press my forehead to his. Letting out a relaxed sigh.

"I want you to meet him, if it's alright with you." I smile.

"I'd love to, I just hope he likes me." He laugh lightly.

"Oh he'll adore you."

A/N: sorry for the short chapter. hope you liked it!