23.roses and peonies

a/n : unedited sorry :(

*one week later*

"AHHHHHHHHHH PIGGY BACK RIDE PIGGY BACK RIDE!!" Ethan yells, his voice booming while he bursts out of the hospital doors, bending his knees for me to hop on his back. I scream and follow after him through the doors, for what I hope is the the last time, screaming and jumping. I put my hands on his shoulders and leap onto his back.

He hooks his arms around my legs and holds me up easily. We both laugh hysterically. The whole morning has been filled with endless laughter, cookies, screams, and cheesy jokes that don't make sense.

Ethan skips, with me on his back, to the car. All the while belting out 'IM COMING HOME IM COMING HOME TELL THE WORLD VIC'S COMING HOME'. I laugh hysterically at him, clinging to his shoulders for dear life as I bounce around.

We get to the car and he lets me drop. I skip into shot gun and bite my lip, smiling. Ethan narrows his eyes and wiggles his eyebrows at me while entering the car.

"Where to ma lady." He says, starting up the car.

"Well, since we plan on going out tonight. Drop me off at my house so I can get ready, and I could always come and pick you up after I'm done." I suggest.

"Nahh, just text me when you're finished. I don't want you to know where we're going yet." He smirks and pulls out of the parking lot. "This is your address right?" He tilts his phone screen towards me and I nod.

"Yep you got it." I say.

"Kk gurl." He sets up his phone and flips his 'hair' over his shoulder and fans himself with pursed lips. I laugh at his goofing manner. I pull out my phone and snap a pic of him. Posing like him for a selfie of both of us, and of course a selfie where I can't help but burst out laughing. His eye roll being the most iconic thing to ever happen.

When Ethan finally snaps out of it, he pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head. "Why do I do this?" He laughs.

"Because it's cute." I lean over and plant a kiss on his cheek.

******

I peck Ethan's lips with mine and start to slowly climb out of the car. "I'll text you, love ya." I smile before shutting the car door. I skip up the stairs to the porch and wave to Ethan as he pulls out of the driveway.

I ring the doorbell, since I no longer have a key. I wait for a moment, rocking back and forth from my tiptoes to my heels. The door opens, revealing Michael, not the person I expected.

"Victoria." He moves to the side and lets me in.

"Hello." I say, not wanting to talk to him. I run upstairs to my room that I've missed. I walk in and my nostrils fill with the familiar scent of apple with a tint of vanilla. I let out a big sigh and lock the door behind me. I jump into my bed and smile, missing the thick, warm sheets.

I gasp to myself and rush to my closet. I pop out my phone and move my fingers quickly to text Ethan, asking him if I should dress up formally. I get a response right away. hell no, casual, comfy clothes! I grab a black crop top from its hanger, along with a light gray cardigan. I toss them to my bed and move on to my pants selection. I pull out a simple pair of leggings, deciding to go very casual.

I take my outfit into my bathroom and connect my phone to my Bluetooth speaker. I play one of my old favorites 'Ain't no mountain high enough' and sigh along as I strip from my clothes and enter the warm shower. I close the curtain behind me and quickly wash my hair and body. I'm done before my 'oldies' playlist on Spotify finishes.