10.warmth

Love (noun)
  -an intense feeling of deep affection

ETHAN

I watched her face form into a smile, her teeth sparkling in the sun. Even with that cord around her face, she's still a beautiful human being. Her gorgeous brown hair dances in the wind, flowing like waves looking almost peaceful. Seeing her happy brings joy to my heart. I only wish I could keep her happy forever.

I decided that I would take up Gray's offer and head to my house. I didn't tell Vic where we are going, but she doesn't seem to mind. She sits back in her seat and grabs my aux cord. She plugs it into her phone and scrolls across the screen. I put my eyes back in the road, and before I know it, oldies music is blasting through stereo. I look at her with smile and a laugh.

She lip syncs along to every song that plays. I laugh with her, not being a fan of the music. But I love her lip syncing way to much to ask her to turn it off. I eventually catch onto a few verses and sing along with her.

So when we pull into the driveway, singing at the top of our lungs, Gray gives me a look of concern before laughing. The car comes to a stop, and so does the music. Vic hops out of her side, and I out of mine. I watch as Gray eyes her up and down, his eyebrows raising ever so slightly. I feel my cheeks burn up, but I brush it off with a smile.

"Hey Gray." I exclaim, breaking him from his stare.

"Hey." He smiles, tilting his head towards Vic. "Who's this?" He asks.

"Oh, this is-" I'm cut off by Vic, who introduces herself.

"My name is Victoria." She holds out her hand and Gray shakes it welcomingly. "You're Ethan's twin brother Grayson, correct?" She politely questions, her smile setting a good tone to the conversation.

"Yep, that's me." He smiles. Then nods to me.

"You still up for skating?" He asks.

"All day everyday." I blow off with a sarcastic laugh, which makes Vic giggle. "If you'd like, you could skate with us." I offer, mentally crossing my fingers, hoping she will agree to come with.

"Sure, you'll have to teach me. I've never skated before." She admits, a blush upon her cheeks.

"You'll be fine, it's really easy." I wink. I open up the garage and grab out boards and load them into the car. I banish Gray to the backseat, so I could talk to my Vicky, and we head off to the skate park.

Vic sits Indian style on the seat, watching the world pass by in a whirl out the window. When we arrive at our special spot, an abandoned skate park, I hop out and and grab the boards with Gray, Vic following behind us. I lead us under a metal fence, and we come to the opening that is the skatepark.

I run and hop on immediately, I roll to the ramp and look over my shoulder at Vic. What I see makes me uneasy. She's laughing, she's smiling, she look absolutely gorgeous.

But Grayson is the one she's laughing and smiling with... not me. I shake my head and move on to do trick along the long, slightly elevated, metal ground pole. I nail a landing and hear Gray follow up behind me. Gray and I do tricks and laugh together, Vic watching us with a smile, clapping her hands and looking at us as if this is our first time ever running through the very familiar moves.