26.love of my life

"Ethan! Grayson! Victoria! We leave for the party in 10!" I hear Lisa call up to us. From my spot, snuggled up to Ethan, my head springs up. He must've had the same reaction, for his eyes are wide. I jump off the bed and rush to the bathroom, Ethan stumbling behind me. I brush through my hair with my fingers and retie my bandana, making sure everything looks presentable.

Ethan styles his hair by running his fingers through his hair. I look down at his outfit. He is wearing a white t-shirt with 'PARIS' written on it in bold red print, his shorts are black. Compared to the things I've seen 17 year old boys wear, he's doing extremely well with his matching choices.

"Okay, shoes." Ethan says, he skips down the stairs and I follow him. He both sit at the very bottom and slip on our shoes. Both of us wearing white high top Chuck Taylor's.

"Nice shoes." I smile, he looks over to mine and giggles.

"We are officially goals." He says, finishing up the tie on his left shoe. I stand up, ready to head out. Gray comes down the stairs, still slipping a shirt over his head. He walks blindly down unto he slips on the black material, the Harley Davidson symbol plastered onto the front.

"Fuck my hair." Grayson mumbles after he reaches the bottom. Ethan and both laugh at him as he sighs and flashes us his middle finger. "You know what, imma wear a hat." He laughs as he bounces up stairs with more energy than what he came down with and disappears for a moment before returning with a backwards, black snapback.

"Okay, everybody in the car." Lisa comes out holding a bunch of bags, I rush to help her, taking half the bags. "Thank you sweetheart." She says, giving a glare to the boys. "Ethan, hanging out with girl will do you good." She laughs as we all leave the house and enter the car, putting the bags of food in the back before doing so. Lisa in driver, Grayson in shotgun, Ethan and I in the back.

"Wait, who's house are we going to again?" Ethan asks, glancing to his mom in the rear view mirror.

"Do you remember Mrs. Castillo?" She asks, returning the small glance.

"Ya, Marco's mom right?" I'm sure without even realizing it, he intertwines his fingers with mine.

"Yep, we are going over to their house." She confirms, focusing on the road. Grayson grabs the aux cord and I soon hear The 1975 start to play through the speakers. Ethan leans over to me.

"Marco is a childhood friend." He nods. I smile back, but truly it doesn't matter to me, anytime spent with the Dolans is normally fabulous, and well spent.  

"This is gonna be fun." I assure. His eyes widen.

"Marco and his younger brothers are weird, just warning you." He shakes his head and chuckles, as if even the memory of them made him laugh.

"I've been around weird, I'm sure they'll be fine." I laugh.

******

We arrived at the house, it was grogeous and was stationed back into the woods a bit, a lake could be seen down a large hill from the house. The deck had fairy lights strung around the top, creating a very chill and inviting vibe.

We all hop out of the car, each one taking a bag to carry. We walk around the the front porch and walk along the side deck, when we reach people a woman stands with outreached arms, a smile plastered on her very tan and freckled face.

"Lisa! Boys! You came!" She gives each them hugs and I stand by with by hands clasped behind me. "Oh! Now who is this lovely young lady!" She looks me up and down with a wide smile.

"Mrs. Castillo, this is my girlfriend Victoria." He smile proudly at me. She wraps me into a tight embrace, I hug her right back.

"Lovely to meet you Victoria, I'm Rose." She points to a breaded man who stands near the corner of the deck, working at the grill. "That is my husband, Steve." She points to a younger boy who looks to be 14. "That is Louis, my youngest son." He waves to me, his young eyes purposefully wandering everywhere but my face. She points to the next boy, who sits huddled up to Louis, both of them hunched over a tablet of some sort. "That is Samuel." Samuel looks to be not quite my age, but not as young as Louis. She points to the last and oldest looking boy, who leans against far side of the deck railing, helping his father. "That is my eldest son Marco. Ethan and him used to be the closest of friends when they were younger." While she is introducing me I find that Lisa has gone off to help set up food and Grayson has already sparked up a conversation with Marco.