22.smoothie and a cookie

After talking to my dad for what felt like hours, he left. I was left alone with Ethan who crawled into my bed and insisted that I cuddle with him. I laughed and agreed and Dr. Dornan agreed to letting him stay as long as we were good.

So here we lay, my head on Ethan's chest, listening to his heart beat, the gentle and consistent thud calming me. He has his arm wrapped around my mid, keeping me close. I feel so safe in his arms, cuddled up against his body. The world could fall and crumble around me and I'd still feel secure and content within his hold.

If only I could save this moment in time and live in it for the rest of eternity. I wish I could feel this happy all the time. I wish I could feel his touch all the time. I smile to myself as Ethan picks up my small hand and starts to gently play with my fingers, my eyes closed. A small and gentle laugh leaves his lips, making me smile wider.

"Your hands are so tiny." Ethan soft says. "They're so cute." He whispers, heat rushing to my face. Even after being with him for as long as I have, I'm sure his little remarks will always make me crazy.

"Your hands are so big." I open my eyes and smile up at him. "They're very manly." I say in a deep voice, making both of his laugh. Ethan shakes his head and lets out a sigh.

"You're pretty great." He says out of the blue, a laugh still hidden within his voice.

"You're pretty great too." I say, snuggling in closer to him.

"I can't believe you're getting out in a week." I can hear the smile on his lips while his words fall. The mere thought of being able to leave and live my life makes me want to cry, scream, laugh, and jump around with joy.

"I can't believe it either." Is all I can manage to say.

"You know what, do you wanna go on a date with me?" Ethan asks, I can hear and feel his heart start to beat faster and I smile.

"Of course I would." I shift upward and place a kiss on his cheek.

"How about we grab dinner the night you get out?" While so casual, I find his actions and words so sweet and endearing.

"Perfect." I agree, a smile spread from ear to ear. I let my heavy eyelids fall, letting out a sigh. "I'm tired." I admit randomly, seeming that my comment's only purpose is to keep me from falling asleep.

"Go to sleep then." He softly suggests. "I'll be here when you wake up." He softly whispers, his words being the last thing I hear before I'm dragged down into my subconscious.

******

My eyes flutter open, adjusting to the bright sun outside of my window. I start to slowly pull the sheet up farther over my shoulder, since the sheet is wrapped around the foot of the mattress, i struggle a bit before the sheet slips from my fingers and I punch myself straight in the nose and groan loudly.

Ethan, though I didn't know he was awake, bursts into a fit of laughter. He reenacts what happens and with a red face ends up tumbling off the bed. Seeing that karma got the best of him, my laughter starts booming through the room.

"You fucking punched yourself in the face." Ethan exclaims, pulling himself into a kneeling position.

"You fucking fell off the bed." I sass back at him, trying to calm my laughter.

"Ohmylord." He mumbles under his breath. The laughing continues to slowly fade. He stands just to take a seat on the bed.

"I'm hungry, it's 8:47. Let's go down to the cafe they have and get something to eat." I say, hoping out of bed. I take the small pads from my chest and take them off, the beeping from the heart monitor stops. I pull my IV rack with me and lead Ethan down to the small coffee shop they have for the patients. The best part of this is it's completely free, to me anyway.

I lean on the front counter as Brittany, the woman who runs the small shop, comes over and smiles at me, arching an eyebrow when she sees Ethan. She winks at me and mouths Get it when he's not looking. Earning an eye roll from me.

"You want the usual?" She asks, her soft, generous smile spread wide.

"Yep." I say as she gets my smoothie ready. "What do you want babes?" I ask, Ethan turns to me, his eyebrows raises.

"Oh, uhhh I don't care, just get whatever you're getting." He says.

"Ok, hey Britt could I get two smoothies and two cookies this round please." I ask as she starts up her blender. She nods.

"Of course you can Miss Victoria." She says. After she's finished she slides two strawberry banana smoothies and two chocolate chip cookies over the counter to me. "The only payment I want is the deats on your beau." She whispers to me. I nod and giggle.

"Once he heads out I'll come back down, got it?" I smile, feeling playful.

"Got it, now go enjoy." She laughs and waves me away. I link my arm in Ethan's and head back to the room.

"So what'd you get?" He asks, slipping along with me and my IV rack.

"A smoothie and a cookie." I beam.

"Coolio." He says as we enter the room again.

short but i've had a lot of shit to deal with recently, sorry guys i'll do better

5 likes?