11.continuous

VICTORIA

I pop the cookies out of the oven with oven mitts and hum along to the music Ethan and I are dancing to. I sway my hips foolishly and place the cookie tray down on the counter. I slip the oven mitts off and turn around.

"You got any movies for us to watch?" I ask Ethan, pausing the music.

"You have no idea." Ethan laughs. He disappears into the living room as I burn myself trying to get a cookie.

"Dammit." I whisper to myself. I find a spatula and scoop one cookie at a time onto a plate that Ethan retrieved for me.

"Well, you're gonna have to come here and pick a movie out, it'd take a while for me to name them all off." I hear him chuckle.

"Comin." I walk over to where he's standing, taking in the 2 shelves that are packed with perfectly lined movies. I crouch down and read the titles to myself. I stop at James Bond and gasp. "We are watching James Bond!" I exclaim grabbing the cd case.

"I always had a feeling that you were a Bond girl." Ethan smirks at me, his eyes narrowed slightly, the corners of his lips pulled off to the side.

"You have no idea." I point my finger at him and laugh.

"Cookies cooled off yet?" He asks skipping into the kitchen as I place the disc into its rightful spot, I watch anxiously as the previews start to role and squeal to myself, bouncing up and down. Ethan enters the room, cookie plate in hand. I grab my little tank I've now named 'Phil', and plop down in the couch. I place Phil on the ground and extend the breathing cord. Ethan sits down right next to me, the plate of cookies on his lap.

Sitting Indian style, I take a cookie and bite into it, chocolate flooding my mouth, making me groan in satisfaction. "These are really freaking good." I nod. He puts a cookie in his mouth and laughs.

With a mouth filled with cookie, Ethan replies with a nod and a mumble, by god he was adorable. "Truuue." He mumbles. I laugh at him, smiling at his features. Slowly finding myself getting lost in the curl of his eyelashes, the arch of his brow, the dip of his lips, even the pitches and tones of his laugh, fascinated by how perfectly carved out his jaw and cheek is, as if an angel himself designed every perfection. After all this I find myself falling. Falling into oblivion to never be found again. Falling to crash land at the bottom to have flames arise around my body, swallowing me up whole.

As he turns to laugh with me, time slows down allowing to soak it all in a bit longer. His laugh sending my joyful heart into a flutter, making it run around, my rib cage it's personal jungle-gym. How could one be lucky enough to have this person in there life? How could one such as me have the chance to spend time with him? He turns back around to face the tv, reality tugging on me. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I finally come back.

"Give me that cookie." I whisper in demand with a laugh, snatching up another cookie. We watch the movie Ethan's legs propped up on the coffee table, mine folded in front of me. The empty plate, the only thing between our bodies. My eyes drift down to the plate, my head still facing the tv. I stare into the barrier that blocks off all tension, my safety blanket. Ethan grabs the plate and places it down on the coffee table in front of us, the only thing separating us being the air, thick with a strange feeling.

But we sit there, not touching. Until Ethan sighs and rests his head on my shoulder. "I'm tired." He yawns. "Hold me." He laughs. I laugh along and rest my head on his, finally realizing how truly tired I am. "You could stay the night, I can take you home tomorrow morning." Ethan suggests.

"I'm down." I yawn. "You got a guest bedroom?" I ask, my voice sounding tired.

"Yep." He lifts his head from my shoulder and, with a grunt, pushes himself into a standing position. "You comin?" He asks, turning the tv off. I extend my hand to him and pout.

"Help me up." I say. He takes my hand and gently pulls me up to my full height. I grab my 'Phil' and follow him upstairs and into a smaller sized room with baby blue walls. The room is accompanied by a large bed with navy sheets, a black bedside table on each side, a lamp sitting atop the matte surface.

"Here ya go." He smiles.

"Thanks." I smile back. I walk into the room. "Sleep well Ethan." I say, wanting to dive into the sheets and sleep for hours.

"Goodnight Victoria." He says, I close the door behind me and flop down in the bed, kicking my shoes off. I take my phone out and play my night playlist and turning off the lamps on either side of the bed.

My eyes start to become heavy and I slowly slip off into SandMan's play land.

I open my eyes. I'm back in the hospital. I stare up into the ceiling as normal. Why am I here? What happened? Where's Ethan? Questions swirl my head, making my temples start to throb. I sit up my brunette waves falling over my shoulders. I look around, I am not in my room, instead I am in a large, sharing sized room, that is filled with three other hospital beds, each occupied with its own patient. Each of them have a monitor that is beating steadily.

They must've put me here because I painted the walls. I turn and look up at my monitor and as I do, my heart stops and pain punches me in the gut, pushing my down on to my bed with a huge shock. A bright light flashes into my eyes, instantly blinding me.

then it happens.

my monitor goes flat.

A/N     HELL NOOOOOO

so that just happened! comment you thoughts!💜