21.emergency surgery

a/n : don't you fucking read ahead, i see all. read slowly and take in what's happening!
song choice | remedy by Adele

i can't see anything, only a soft, almost fire like light above me. i hear nothing but the soft beating of my heart. i don't know where anyone is. everything is a haze. but as scared as i want to feel at this moment, i find peace. i feel as if i'm floating into oblivion. completely lost to the harsh world.

With a huge electric punch, my body is pulled from its haze and now surges with energy. I sit up straight and gasp, desperate for air. Adrenaline runs wild through my body as my eyes search the room. I am in the ICU, surrounded by nurses and doctors. They all look at me in shock, as if my awakening was unplanned. My eyes land on a defibrillator. I almost gasp as I look to the other nurses. They exchange looks and out of no where start to cheer, jumping up and down.

I feel confused. I don't know how or why they are cheering in a moment like this, I was just dead. I see the familiar face of Dr. Dornan, tears fill his eyes as he claps. A nurse even grabs the sides of my face and laughs with a magnificent smile spread from ear to ear.

"YOU BEAT IT BABY!" She cheers. It takes me a moment to register what she has told me. My mind is blocked with confusion, it is impossible to beat cancer over night, so I don't know what she could possible be talking about. The cheering nurses clear from the room, taking their equipment with them, leaving their chattering to only be heard from the hallway. I look to Dr. Dornan who is the only one left in the room with me.

"You're clear Victoria." He smiles, tears drip from his chin.

"What do you mean?" I ask, filled with false hope.

"You had an emergency surgery. The surgery was your only chance at survival and we were willing to take the chance. We had a very special surgeon come out, and he removed the tumor from the outside your left lung. Now let me repeat myself again, you are clear Miss Victoria. You beat cancer's ass." I stare at him, I take deep breathes, the sharp pain replaced by a numbness across the very top of my stomach. I snake a hand under my hospital gown and feel that, yes they did indeed preform a surgery on me. A large bandage covers the top of my mid section, right below my chest. I start to laugh.

"I'm gonna live." I say in astonishment. I nod and laugh even more covering up my mouth with both hands. "I'm gonna live!" I start to cry. I extend my arms to Dr. Dornan who steps into them and gives me a brief hug. "When can I see Ethan?! When can I see my dad?!" I ask, smearing the tears from my face, still in shock.

"Well, we are going to move you back to your room, you're gonna have to stay for another week because of your surgery, but once we get back to your room, I'll bring Ethan and your dad up to you." He smiles.

"Do I have to wear the face thingy still?" I ask, gesturing to my face. He shakes his head 'no'. I smile and laugh a bit more. That when everything clicks. I don't have to worry anymore. I can love Ethan, I can be a normal girl, I can go home.

"Come along, we have to set you back up." He leads me back to my room, a smile never leaving my face. Once we do return to my room, I twirl around and plop down on my bed. Dr. Dornan hooks me up to the heart monitor and puts an IV into my arm. "You have to keep this in, its pain medication. If you ever feel discomfort or any sharp pains, you have to tell either me or one of the other doctors, okay?"

"Okay." I nod.

"Awesome, I'll go get your men." He laughs at his comment, leaving the room. I grab my pillow from behind me and scream into it. Then I hug it tightly, unable to control the joy that I am feeling.

Before I know it I hear my name being called from down the hallway then the door flies open to reveal and overly happy Ethan. His smile seems to light up the entire room as it beams down upon me. His face brings me back to when I first met him.

With my full attention, the handsomest stranger I've ever laid my eyes upon enters the room completely out of breath. A dashing smirk upon his plump, faded pink lips.

"Hi I'm Ethan." He breathes out.

"Hello, I'm Victoria." I respond with a small, almost unnoticeable, wave of my hand. "Are you alright?" I ask him, as he flops down into the couch like chair.

"Yes, but.." he looks down at the white watch that hugs his wrist. "I'm late." He says shaking his head with a look of disappointment. By the looks of it, he was running through the halls until he found my room, I'm guessing he wanted to make a good fist impression. He truly hasn't failed, we all get lost and caught up sometimes.

I remember how he never left my mind from that moment forward. I was so scared, but so in love.

Ethan rushes forward and I lift myself up and into his arms. He pulls me in tightly, a subtle pain arising where my bandage is but I don't mind. I have my Ethan, my baby boy. That I care so much about. I smile and let out sobs of joy, my eyes squeezed shut.

"I love you so much." I tighten my grip around his shoulders.

"I love you too." He cries.

a/n : HAHAHAHA IM EVIL