Chapter 35

All the pain the Hound felt was heavy in the air

All the pain the Hound felt was heavy in the air. Ren would have been able to feel it even if he didn't have this confusing "talent". Everything was hitting him like a bag of bricks. It mixed with his own.

The men beat the Hound, tearing whimpers and faint gurgling growls from it. Ren wanted it to stop. He knew that he shouldn't feel sorry for it when it had been trying to kill him and had left him with a deep gash in his side.

But it was in misery. It was being tortured.

He couldn't look anymore. His eyes welled up with unshed tears.

"Tell me why I shouldn't shoot you two right now."

Ren pressed his lips together, biting back a "fuck you" that might just get them both shot.

Ashton cockily stepped forward.

"Don't." Remy directed the barrel more toward Ashton. "The next time you do that I'm putting a bullet through your head. Got it?"

Ren was only a little surprised that the Hunter didn't call them blood sucking leeches. She hadn't seemed as bad as the other men, but Ren should have known better to just assume. She was a Hunter after all. She had to be fucked up to even think about being in their ranks.

"We were just walking through."

By the look on her face, she didn't believe him.

Ashton nodded toward Ren. "He lived near by. I swear."

Ashton's swears were empty unless they were joined by blood.

Ren gritted his teeth, pressing his hand hard against his side.

Remy caught sight of the movement.

"Shouldn't you be healed by now?"

Ren really tried to bite down the snippy remark. He seethed and bit his bottom lip, but he just couldn't take it anymore. He was fucking dying and none of them fucking cared.

"I'm a half-breed. Can't you tell?" He couldn't even hold back the sneer.

Remy simply stared. That was the same time when the other two men stepped away from the now mangled compose of the Hound. It looked like roadkill. Ren couldn't look at it longer than a second before he became sick.

Kenny twirled his knife. There was a disgusted look on his face.

"A human fucked a fanger to make you?"

Ren didn't even think about clarifying what had happened for him to be made.

Kenny had this manic look in his eyes that made Ren even more unsettled. It was obvious that Kenny wanted nothing more to slice Ren open. And Ashton.

The guy had even admitted that he just want to hunt down things.

"Stop." Malcolm slapped his hand in the middle of Kenny's chest.