Chapter Twenty-Four

Sam's Point of View
*Three months after Vicki left the bunker*

I walked out to the garage and watched the garage door. I walked over to the empty parking spot and stood there. I turned my attention back to the door. Hoping one day that it would come crashing open and she and our child would come walking in.

Hand in hand. Her running up to me and hugging me so tight that she doesn't want to let go. Our baby being so shy that he or she hides behind her legs. Then when we meet, the baby touches my face and hugs me. Our baby.

Our baby. If the baby was a boy, he would have all of my features, height, nose, mouth, jawline, ears, brown hair. The only thing that would be his mothers is his eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes. The ones that sparked like the ocean or the night sky. He would be a heartbreaker. All the girls would love him. He would be the senior class heartache. The one that all the girls want but he's going after one person and one person only, the smart girl (or guy) in his math class. The one that helps him understand the question when he doesn't (or does) get it. Causing girls to fall in love on sight.

Our baby. If the baby was a girl, she would look exactly like her mother. Beautiful lips, tiny nose, elf ears, bright blonde hair. The only thing that would be mine would be her eyes. They would change colors. She would be a heart breaker. Sending cute smiles to every boy that looked her direction and when she became a teenager, she would bring home some guy. It would be up to her if she wanted to tell him about who we are and what we do. I would have to put the fear of God into this boy. Taking my princess.

They would have everything that Victoria and I never had. Just like Victoria wanted.

Go to one high school. Graduate. That's when they would get the choice of staying with the family business or following their own path. It would be their decision alone. Not mine. Not Victoria's. Not Dean's. Not Crowley's. Not Cas'. Theirs alone.

They would learn everything there would be to know about demons and angels. If Victoria allowed it, they would start hunting at 10. No earlier. They needed to have a childhood and be kids before they would enter this life of hunting. 

"Talking to yourself, again?" Dean asked. I turned to look at him. He had a sandwich in one hand and a beer in the other.

"Just thinking out loud, I guess."

"About Victoria? Or my nephew? Or my niece?"

"All three. Why did she have to leave?" I asked looking back at Dean.

"She wanted to protect that kid from me, you, Lucifer, Cas, and Crowley," Dean said.

"There's one thing that I quite don't understand," I said.

"What?" Dean said with a mouth full of food.

"Remember how Crowley was obsessed with making sure that Victoria wasn't his downfall that he got back together with his ex? He married her and made sure that Victoria had the perfect family that she wanted. Even took her from me and you."

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Cowley didn't seem fazed at all when Lucifer said that Victoria was pregnant. It wasn't like he knew. He was more upset that I was the father, not that Vicki was pregnant. If that child could be his ending, why give up so fast?" I asked.

"I wouldn't want you to be the father of my grandchild, either. You do not have a good record with women. First, there was Jess then Ruby then Becky, remember Becky?" 

"Don't remind me about Becky."

"Then there was that girl with the dog and now Vicki who we don't even know where in god's name she it."