~Ready To Let Go~

Diane's P.O.V.

"No need to thank me dear, as long as you're Mark's wife, I'm going to protect you whatever happens" I smiled as I suddenly heard Mrs. Tuan's encouraging and protective speech, I would gladly accept her as my mother in law because mother in laws are considered to be your second mother and I could say that it won't be hard opening up to her since she's always bubbly and smiling. A person who could easily be trusted because they're showing their true self to you. I'm haply to know that she'll be my mother in law even if I'm sad that her son will be my husband.

"Even if it means protecting you from my son" I was surpried when Mrs. Tuan suddenly pulled me in a hug, I was shocked but also happy because we're acting like we're already close. But her words actually confuses me, I didn't know what she means by that. She'll protect me, even from her son.

"Whatever happens, we will always be here for you Diane. If you need any help, just tell us and we'll force you right away from this marriage" Her hand was soft but it was also a bit raspy, I wouldn't mind it though, all her life she did everything in our house.

She cleaned all the walls, frame, floor and even our bedrooms, eventhough we're rich that doesn't mean that we can just let others do our job. When she gave birth to us, she took care of us until we reached high school, and with that, I realized how much she loves us.

"You can't do that, the partnership will get broken" I smiled bittersweetly, I understand how much she wants me to have a normal and happy life but dad won't simply let that.

"I don't care, I just want my daughter to be happy" A lone tear fell from her eyes as she kneeled down beside me, I quickly chanhed my position and faced her, I placed my hand om her arms to support her in standing up but she shooked her head and bit back a smile.

"I know your marriage wasn't binded by love, but it can be if one of you chooses to fall" The maid uttered as she gently placed my hand down and stared at me.

"Mr. Tuan promised me that he'll give me a job but only if I married one of his workers here, I was an abandoned child Diane. My parents left me in the streets to die and to feed myself alone, one night, Mr. Tuan came and helped me. He treated my wounds, gave me a nice bed and served many delicious foods, right from that day, I vowed to myself that I'll serve him and do whatever he likes until I die"

"I grew up in an orphanage but when I was 20 he decided to adopt me and let me marry his gardener here, Jacob and I were both orphans but we grew up in different orphanges. At first, I was against his plan, but when I saw how much lonely and dark my life is, I decided to marry him. That was Jacob's reason why he agreed to marry me, we both have the same reason."

"Marriage was made because of love, there's no other way for it to last if you don't love one another. If there's no love involved, then pain will come your way, but if ever something good let you foretold, the lesson in this story will come unfold"

"But remember, I'm doing this for you. Think wisely, now that you're just not the only one who's going to suffer"

Those words kept repeating in my mind, they're just floating inside my head as they're slowly trying to make me crazy... all their statements are correct, all their opinions about love and marriage are correct... but if I were to chose, shall I let go?

I sat here inside my room as I took the divorcement papers from Jackson who stopped by the hospital earlier, I let them lying freely still on top of my make up cabinet while I was thinking about everything. I wrapped my arm on myself as the other was placed on my chest hoping that I would make the right decision today...

Jackson was right. I'm not just going to decided for myself, the child's life inside me will also be affected once I make a decision: whether to stay or go...

About a few minutes... I finally made a decision...