~One Day, One Night~

Mark's P.O.V.

It's great to be finally home now! My back hurts from all the meetings dad took me in, he told me that I need to watch how thoroughly they make their decisions regarding the company. They even told me that I am a good heir to be honest, they thought that I will be able to handle the company with much more greater power and I will be the reason why Tuan Corporation will reach it's golden state. I was amused at how good and kind our business partners are but dad seemed to be hesitating to tell them about the marriage between Diane and I, I know our business partners would have different and mixed reactions about that. 

But in the end, dad told them and they got furious, they demanded to let me free from the marriage which isn't necessary and proper but dad also stood in his words. The marriage would still be continued, I know it's Mr. Park's words that are going to be followed. I just don't understand why dad is following that man's orders even though we're much more powerful than them.

"Mark, where did you sleep last night?" I loosened my neck tie as I suddenly saw mom walking down from the stairs, I placed my suitcase on the couch and heaved a sigh. For sure, mom is judging me now, she was always like that even though I told her and proved her that i'm a decent man.

"I didn't go anywhere, Dad was with me throughout the night" Dad told me that he's just going to stay at the hotel where the both of us availed two different rooms, he advised me to go home and have a rest so I thanked him and just got home. Mom nods her head and took my suitcase away from the couch, I can't imagine myself being a CEO already. It requires all my time and patience in running a big company. I was about to unbutton my shirt when I smelled something familiar in the living room... Smells like someone rather.

"Why does the living room smells like Diane?" I asked as mom immediately looked at me and chuckled, what? Did I say something wrong? She shooked her head and went to me, she patted my shoulders and run her hand through my hair. I always loved that when mom used to play with my hair when I was still a kid, she always want to ruffle my hair which soothes me a bit.

"I didn't know that you were smelling her"

"I wasn't" My smile suddenly falls when she uttered those words, I don't hate Diane I just... despise her... What's even the difference? Just I don't hate her.

"Here are your bags, I already packed Josh's clothes and even yours" Mom smiled as she placed two bags in front of me

"Why? Where are we going?" I looked at her in confusion, she just gave me a smile and also a hug.

"You're going to bring Diane home" I looked at her weirdly, how the heck am I going to take Diane home if i'm this tired? And where am I going to fetch this girl anyway? I'm sure she can already take care of herself.

"Daddy?" I turned looked at the staircase, there, Josh was looking at me excitingly as Diane was surprised to see me here. Why the heck is she even here? I'm not informed that she slept here last night.

"Hi Josh" I smiled a bit and ruffled his hair as he ran towards me and gave me a hug, he looked up at me as his smiling face suddenly made me happy. He always made my day happy even though I'm always tired.

"Go now, Josh wants to see Diane's house" Mom suddenly pushed me outside and gave me Josh and I's bag, I looked at Diane as she looked everywhere as long as her gaze never met with mine. She was avoiding me. Since I don't have anything to do, I just wanted to get this day over. I walked towards my car and told Josh and Diane to enter the car, they followed and sat on the passenger's seat.

"Daddy, are you tired?" Josh asked as Diane looked at me worriedly from the left outside mirror, she doesn't want to see me but she still cares for me.

"I'll just rest later" I answered Josh as I noticed that he was still staring at me, waiting for answer.

"Are you going to go home?" He asked again, i looked at him as Diane just looked outside.

"Yeah, but I'm only going to drop the both of you" I suddenly stopped driving when the stop light turned red, Josh held my arm and looked at me in doubt.

"But grandma said you'll also sleep at Mommy's house, she even packed your clothes for you" I looked at Diane as she immediately denied it.

"I don't know anything" She looked at me as if i'm going to hurt her, I don't hate her, i just want to take the marriage off.

"Good morning Grandma!" Josh immediately greeted a middle aged woman, who I probably think is Diane's mom since she was very excited and happy to see us coming here. I parked the car as Josh immediately ran to Diane's mom, Diane hesitantly grabbed her bag beside me and walked towards her mom.

"Hey, good morning young man. Who are you?" Mrs. Park crouched down and and gave Josh a smile.

"Anyeonghaseyeo, Josh Tuan imnida!" Mrs, Park smiled as she saw how cute Josh presented himself.

"Oh how cleaver you are" Mrs. Park stood up and ruffled Josh's hair, then she also gave her daughter a very long and emotional hug. I walked beside them, carrying mine and Josh's things.

"Mark are you going to get inside?" I wanted to talk to my dad regarding this one day and one night stay in Diane's home, but my head is really hurting and I need to have a rest now. I nod my head as Mrs. Park helped me to carry Josh's belongings, i gave that to her since it's much more lighter.

"Mom said I'm going to stay here?" I asked Mrs. Park as Diane immediately told Josh to roam around their house, she stood beside the piano and looked at us.

"Yeah, she informed that to me earlier" I heaved a sigh as I looked at Josh who was busy looking at Diane's family's pictures which are all placed on a table and on the piano, he seems to be very curious regarding Diane's background as if he's the one who's going to marry her. Josh isn't a very typical kid, he was smart, a boy that's much more smarter than me so I don't have any reason to worry about him except when I know that he's really scared. He might be smart but not always. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Diane pulling her mom towards the kitchen, I looked at Josh again who was now sitting on the carpeted floor with no complaint and just kept on reading the magazines under the living room's table, I could leave him for a bit, i'm just going to eavesdrop on what Diane and her mom is talking about.

"Mom, can you take Mark to the spare room we have? He seemed to be tired, he needs to have a rest" Diane's caring and soft voice suddenly rings in my ear, why did she even pulled her mom here just to tell her that? She could tell that to her in front of me. What's wrong about hearing that? I leaned on the wall before entering the kitchen room itself, i'm sure they wouldn't see me hiding behind the wall.

"Then why can't you do it then?" Mrs. Park asked her, I suddenly got curious so I peeked behind the wall and saw her looking at her mom like she was in doubt and worry. I looked at her closely as she shooked her head and heaved a sigh.

"Mom, you know what's happening"