Part One: Not Anymore..

Lauren's POV:

I wrapped the towel around my wrist and breathed heavily. I was afraid to look at my arm, I'm sure it looks horrible, but yet I'm not daring to see it. I don't know for how long I stayed like this before deciding to get up and explore my wounds. I looked at my hands, they were covered in blood, the cuts were in everywhere, and the old scars were still showing too. I walked to the mirror and lifted my head up, but I regreted it immediatly. my face looked terrible; Red cheeks, deep lip cut, a blue eye, cuts everywhere.  I gasped in horror and covered my face with my hands before falling to the ground on my knees, sobbing and crying. the cuts on my face started stinging because of the tears, but yet I couldn't stop.

Today he totally crossed the lines, he almost killed me! I have to do something to save myself from his grip, he's about to end my life. I can't live with this pain anymore, I'm dying slowly, this man is killing me without even blinking an eye. But why? Is he blaming me for her death? it's not even my fault! why he's doing this to me? he keeps beating me whenever he feels angry, sad, depressed.. actually he beats me all the time. and I can't hold it any longer. The man who I'm calling "dad" is taking away my life, and I can't let that happen, I need to do something before the worst happens.

I stopped crying for a second and started thinking about a solution. I know what I have to do, but I don't know how to do it. I thought about it for a long time but then I lost all my hopes. but now, and after what he did today, I think that the time has come.

I have to reveal the secret that kept a mystery for more than 17 years, I have to find my real parents, I have to find the people who gave up on me, the people who left me to suffer from all of this in the first place.

Many questions need to be answered, but it's not the right time to ask them, first I have to run away from here, and then I'll know whatever I want..

But how this is going to happen? who'll help me? where should I start? and the most important question: are my real parents even still alive?

Many questions were running in my head before I closed my eyes and fell asleep to the ground hugging my knees.