Lloyd x Reader~Rejections!!!PT.2

You have been going through your normal schedule for the past few days. Only going out for work and shopping. Mostly because you were trying to hide the feeling of guilt in your chest by making it seem like you were occupied doing something. You've even been avoiding Skylor, all because you didn't know what to say since that last time you talked, she was trying to persuade you to go on a date with Lloyd. You didn't know why you were merciless toward him that night, it just felt like the right thing to do.

'Eh, it's over now.'

You walked into your workplace to see Skylor waiting for you right at the door. Your eyes met for a split second before you spun around on your heel and ran to the exit, that was until she tackled you and dragged you toward her car.

"SKYLOR! What the heck! I'm busy!"you shout, trying to kick free of her hold.

"You need to get this score settled with Lloyd! He's been miserable since the party because of those stupid male hormones! It's making me sick!"she rages,"Just tell him why you rejected him and it's all good. The guys have been bugging me so you better do this."

"Well it's not my fault."you scoff, reaching for the car door handle.

"Want me to give them your address?"Skylor smirked."Come on, it'll just be a few minutes. You and Lloyd need some closure."

"Why are you treating it like Lloyd and I are some couple? We're far from a couple. ANYTHING but a couple."

"So soulmates?"she chuckles, the car leaving the city while we talked."I know you might not know this, but he really cares about you."

"No shit. He's the one who confessed. I just...can't return his feelings."you sigh, running a hand through your hair as you look out the window to see the steppes of rice fields as Skylor drove you closer and closer to your doom.

"You can't or you won't?"she asked, trying to sound mysterious by taking her hands off the steering wheel to do a weird hand motion towards you before driving again."What do you mean you can't?"

"I just...If I did accept his confession..."You whisper, laying your forehead against the cool glass as you tried to suppress your growing migraine."I just won't know what to do. There's so much stress and the fear of being left behind is always there. It's always there even when I don't know why. I just don't like it when...people leave. I makes me really...pissed off I guess."

Skylor parked the car, you looked forward to see the tea shop, Lloyd was standing in the front as if he was waiting for someone. Skylor sighed and turned over to you with an 'are-you-stupid' look.

"Then why the hell did you leave first you hypocrite?"she asks, unlocking the car doors."Now get out there and tell him you love him before I push you out."

You thought about it for a moment. Your hands forced the door open and walked out. Your feet step forward a bit and you turn back around to look at the car longingly. Skylor gave you a thumbs up from inside and you take in a few deep breaths, walking toward Lloyd. It took you a little while to notice, but his eyes were connected to your own e/c eyes. He was smiling and before you knew it, you were pulled into his arms.

"I missed you. I'm sorry if I...made things awkward. I just wanted to tell you how I felt."Lloyd pulled away, his lingering warmth faded in less than a second."Y/N...I want you to move back in with us."

"Why would I do that?"you snap, your eyebrows furrowing at his invitation."Do you really think I'd move out of my town, everything I've done for the past month to come back for you?"

"...Sorry. I shouldn't have asked. It's just, whatever I do...whenever I try. I can't get you off my mind. Your smile I missed. The way you always used to laugh at my cheezy jokes. How your eyes sparkled when you made me laugh."Lloyd stepped forward and pulled his hands behind his back, shifting from the balls of his feet to his heels."I miss you."

"Why remember those stupid moments? You were probably just seeing things."you mumble, trying to hide the red blooming from your face."...If you really missed me you should've found me sooner."

Lloyd looked at the ground, his ashamed expression nearly broke your heart. Yet you didn't understand why.

"I did miss you. I missed you so much I couldn't go through a single day without thinking of you. There was just so much going on with the city and media...I just couldn't find the time to search through every single city for you."he moved even closer so that he was right in front of you."But if I got the chance to do it all again, I would. I wouldn't stop searching until I found you. I wouldn't stop until I could tell you how I feel. And now..."

Lloyd encircled his arm around your shoulders and pulled you into a tight, protective hug that made your heart beat out of control."...Now...I won't stop until you tell me how you really feel about me."

Your eyes widened, shooting up to look at Lloyd's green orbs. They were full of sincerity, full of innocence and surrender. But the hope outweighed every single other emotion showing in his features.

"No more games. No more eavesdroppers or parties. No more darkness. Only the two of us. I want you to tell me how you feel. If you really hate me...I promise I'll let you go. I just need to hear your voice. I need to hear your voice tell me that you hate me. Not 'I'm busy.' or 'I don't know.' I want you to tell me, 'I hate you."his eyes stung as you looked at him with doe ones. 

You weren't expecting this. To have him let you reject him like this. You looked at him, straight on. The aching in your heart ran through your whole body, those two sentences encircled your mind, feeling as if your brain was clenched around your rejection.

"Lloyd. I...I ha-..."you choked, a single tear crawling down your cheek."I hate you dammit. Why didn't you tell me your feelings any sooner? Why didn't you tell me before I felt so broken? I hate you!"

You nearly fell to your knees with all the tension in your voice, a numbing feeling took over your body as you sobbed to no end."I hate you...so why do I love you at the same time?"

A hand was placed on your shoulder, and your reddened eyes hid themselves in the blond's chest. Lloyd's hand ran through your hair, soothing you as you went through your breakdown. As soon as your tears stopped he pulled back and swiped the stray wet splotches off your cheeks as gently as he could.

"...I love you Lloyd."you confess."Hurt me again, and I'll be gone so quickly you won't even be able to say 'goodbye'."

A smile formed on his face when he heard you accept his feelings. Lloyd lifted you up and hugged you so tight you could barely breath, only letting out a small giggle."I'll make sure to never hurt you then."

You both heard honking and Skylor cheering in the background. But all you could think about was what you got yourself into.

Then again, love can't be that bad can it?